The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha announcing a new bike today, in an hour!

Cruizin

• Premium Member

MT-10 just doesn't do it for me. The XSR-900 on the other hand, I kinda like (but not enough to get rid of my FZ-07).
The FZ-07, with the character of the engine, and some mods, is still a killer deal.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I've seen all the high-res MT-10 profile shots, I'm not a fan of all the excess lines they put on it. It has too much over-done futuristic hard lines all over the body. I'm looking for something more flowing and with finesse.

2016-Yamaha-MT-10-01.jpg

Just look at all the extra lines all over the body...

I think I'll have to go the XSR900 route. Considering I wanted the XSR700 (but then I didn't because I wanted a stronger motorcycle) I will definitely wait until next year and completely make up my mind but will most likely go the XSR900 route.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

I think I'm in love with that FZ-10.... All the things people are saying it is over done and ugly for, I absolutely love. I love the transformer look and I love that headlight most of all. I love unique looking motorcycles and I really, REALLY like the FZ-10 and how unique it is. I really want one now..

• Global Moderator

That FZ10 headlight is fantastic. The XSR900 taillight has to go though. I still like the XRS900 better, but it will be tough to part with my FZ-07. A test ride is definitely required, but I think I will end up staying with my bike for at least a couple more years.

• Global Moderator
That mt10.....im about to take those headlights and swap em over to the 07 
Hmm, if that works I would like to do that too. Post photos!  I really like the XSR900, but am afraid I would have to start wearing skinny jeans and grow an ironic goatee. 

Who's that person that is sitting on the mt-10, want to know the seat height for the bike...
Jorge Lorenzo. Surprised they didn't have his buddy Marquez in the back seat.

Who's that person that is sitting on the mt-10, want to know the seat height for the bike...
Jorge Lorenzo. Surprised they didn't have his buddy Marquez in the back seat.
Thanks, now I can go and stalk his height. 
FYI he is 171cm tall, looks like he can flat foot that bike?!

Now that I've seen all the high-res MT-10 profile shots, I'm not a fan of all the excess lines they put on it. It has too much over-done futuristic hard lines all over the body. I'm looking for something more flowing and with finesse.  
2016-Yamaha-MT-10-01.jpg

Just look at all the extra lines all over the body...

I think I'll have to go the XSR900 route. Considering I wanted the XSR700 (but then I didn't because I wanted a stronger motorcycle) I will definitely wait until next year and completely make up my mind but will most likely go the XSR900 route.
Something a little less Buck Rogers/Japanese Samurai warrior, armored suit looking.

Beemer

• Premium Member

So maybe you should wait for the XSR10 (I think I see a theme emerging from Yamy's marketeers). :)

Why can't left turners see us?

why not sit on the new R1? It doesn't look like it would be much higher in the seat from the bike it's heavily derived from.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

So maybe you should wait for the XSR10 (I think I see a theme emerging from Yamy's marketeers). :)
I haven't checked but I wonder if there's much difference between an Mt10 and an FZ1, other than cosmetics. 

sane  Dude, that comment about [HASH]5 was [HASH]1! I've always thought that a two light system looked better when the light's were stacked instead of side by side. A low beam on on one side just makes it appear lopsided to me and hard for cager's to see that light from the opposite side.

Beemer

The MT-10's headlights remind me of this guy: 

$(KGrHqR,!jYFCO-y1In9BQzmWpLrz!~~60_1-634921495810048828.jpg
Well, you've just convinced me that the MT10 is awesome then.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

I think the XJR1300 already fills that role... if it ever hit the US...ahahahaha.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Just read a quick review of the MT-10 and it appears there are some significant differences between it and an FZ-1.

Beemer

why not sit on the new R1? It doesn't look like it would be much higher in the seat from the bike it's heavily derived from.
New r1 is incredibly tall. Like adv bike tall. This mt10 looks much lower, maybe 32 inches.

17 liter fuel tank? Depending on MPG, this bike may not go much further than the 07. Kind of odd seeing as how they saw fit to include cruise control.

• Global Moderator

Yamaha does seem to like fitting small fuel tanks. There is plenty of room behind our plastic panels to make the tank larger. I do wish they had done that.

• Premium Member
That MT-10 will end up in my garage.
C'mon now, you said you were sticking to dirt! 

Archived