The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha announcing a new bike today, in an hour!

Cruizin

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Im not sure how I feel about the headlight assembly. I would really like to see the specs on it. They are entering a pretty big competitor market here with this so I would assume it has got to have something that sets it apart. As much as I admire the price points they have been entering with, I hope they didn't do that here ie; short on some critical things to keep the price down.

AlbatrossCafe

Haha I like the brake light on the XSR-900. Overall pretty cool bikes. As long as they don't release a parallel twin similar to the FZ-07's between the 800cc-950cc range I won't have to pony up for a new ride. Or if they do, they better at least wait a couple of years...

Thanks for the pics/vids everyone!

Looks like I'll need to convince the wife that I need to replace my FZ07.

But I'm torn... on one hand, the FZ-10, and the other, the XSR900. Now, the XSR will be several thousand cheaper, but the FZ-10 is what I wanted in something that looks closer to the FZ07 but a lot stronger unlike the FZ09 which just looks like a completely different bike.

People who are saying the MT10 is ugly, it isn't ugly, its just the headlights are ugly. Just cover up those headlights and you have a tougher, more expensive looking fz07.  If we can somehow change the headlight plastics...

Dammit, this will be hard.

But I want to also say that without side by side comparison pics, is it me or are the XSR700 and 900s almost indistinguishable?

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

I agree 100% with you skeeterh. I don't find the MT10 ugly at all if you put a bag over its head!!!

- xCarbonSteelx

I agree 100% with you skeeterh. I don't find the MT10 ugly at all if you put a bag over its head!!!
Oh man, the MT10 is a butterface. :(

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

the MSF instructor in me recoils at black gear, black bike but above all, flat-black helmet. How in the hell is anybody going to see you?

Would it be so hard Yamaha to just put a FZ1 (2002+) bikini fairing on it and stop with the Transformers' look? How many discrete pieces is that in a headlight assembly? How many fasteners? How expensive to replace if it gets crunched?

At least it has BPF forks so the suspension should be close to the R1 if they at least sprung and valved it right.

Yes, I'm a curmudgeon with respect to bodywork design. My cool card was yanked a decade ago.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Global Moderator

I am really liking the XSR900. A test ride is definitely in order. I did not get to watch the entire launch. Did they say anything about what is coming to the US? I am expecting they did not as it was a European event.

If I were to make a guess, I'd say the MT10 in the US will be cheaper than the Z1000, so maybe around 11,500.00 price range.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Archived