The MT-07 Forum

New rider and new fz!!!

forcefed86

• Premium Member
I introduced myself some weeks ago before i got the fz. Im new to this and wishing i would of started earlier, so far the 2 weeks ive had the fz ive riden 817 miles!!! So excited for whats ahead!! Here are some cell phone pics ive taken so far.

IMG_20151108_181339_zpsrd8rnqdq.jpg
IMG_20151101_202851_zpsusmr3avp.jpg

IMG_20151112_223153_zpsrnmc62hl.jpg

IMG_20151112_193022_zpsy9tcw0im.jpg
IMG_20151112_180813_zpsb75byp0j.jpg
IMG_20151112_193306_zps8mikyfzb_edit_1447404796201_zpsjcpan4zw.jpg

• Global Moderator

Great to see you here @forcefed86! Thanks for joining. Awesome looking pictures. Don't forget to pin :)

• Premium Member

Thanks guys!! Guru i will drop a pin, i was also trying to get the other 3-4 fz's at school to the forum.

Shifther & fanboy, thanks. I wanted to go take few pics at an anazing road by Yosemite that over looks half dome, but unfortunately the week i got the fz it snowed so they closed the road until april....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Welcome! We have a really good crew here on the forums. Some creative hands and sharp ideas too. Enjoy your new ride

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Dang, those cell pics are better than anything my SLR can do. Very nice. You take great shots.

Thanks paulie!!

I know right, kind of sad cell phones are replacing the bulkier slr. I used to have a 60d, 70d and a 7d but lugging all that was annoying. A note 4 does the job ok, not great but decent.

• Global Moderator

Its good enough for non professionals or when you're in a hurry

Wish my camera lens cover wasnt cracked... my note 4 might be able to take decent pics like these

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
Its good enough for non professionals or when you're in a hurry 
Wish my camera lens cover wasnt cracked... my note 4 might be able to take decent pics like these
Yea less crap lugging around.... which lens cover broke? Thats what im using, the more 4. I heard the note 5 has an amazing camera but cant afford another 600 phone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Took a near 500 mile round trip to the morro bay california coast... the ride through the hills was nice..
IMG_20160103_201004_zpsrujgpecr.jpg

IMG_20160103_092504_zpsxbf3bxzy.jpg
IMG_20160103_195929_zpsrroqymzk.jpg

I think we found a strong candidate for forum photographer. With any luck his riding buddies will realize what they're missing and buy FZs too.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Took a near 500 mile round trip to the morro bay california coast... the ride through the hills was nice.. IMG_20160103_201004_zpsrujgpecr.jpg

Nice shots again. How did you get this one black and white with the rest colour. The bike looks reaaaalllly nice like this. 

• Premium Member
I think we found a strong candidate for forum photographer. With any luck his riding buddies will realize what they're missing and buy FZs too.
Lol!!! Some of them want me to jump to the harley davison side.... 
But ive met 3 other guys with fz07 so trying to put together a small fz07 group.

These are the guys i went with.

IMG_20160103_184104_zpswn4ympz2.jpg

• Premium Member
Took a near 500 mile round trip to the morro bay california coast... the ride through the hills was nice.. IMG_20160103_201004_zpsrujgpecr.jpg

Nice shots again. How did you get this one black and white with the rest colour. The bike looks reaaaalllly nice like this.
It does look good, much better than the lavender wheels.  And the color changing are called splash in editing you can just change them around.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Nice bike love the blue. What wind screen is that if you don't mind me asking? Also where did you get the 07 stickers looks like the 09 graphics.

• Premium Member
Nice bike love the blue. What wind screen is that if you don't mind me asking? Also where did you get the 07 stickers looks like the 09 graphics.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-a2118-windscreen-yamaha-fz-07-2015-2016 
The screen is a givi that i got here off another member. The stickers are off ebay from usa location. Look on evay under fz07 decal. You can order different colors as well 

Side note. The givi orginally lays further back. I spaced or raised the back of the screen so it stands up more than normal. That made a huge different as it took the winds off my chest and put it towards the top.
Screenshot_2017_01_07_14_21_16.png

attackcat109

Glad to see you got the best colour! :) As far as windscreens go though. I got the V-max and it gave me about 10-20 more mpg on the freeway at about 70 mph depending on conditions. I don't know about buffeting though because I've always driving every bike I've owned without screens because I like the looks better so I just kinda starting getting used to it. Zoned it out.

• Premium Member
Glad to see you got the best colour! :) As far as windscreens go though. I got the V-max and it gave me about 10-20 more mpg on the freeway at about 70 mph depending on conditions. I don't know about buffeting though because I've always driving every bike I've owned without screens because I like the looks better so I just kinda starting getting used to it. Zoned it out.
I like the naked no screen looks as well, but since i like to do trips i get upper body fatigued faster without it. 

Archived