The MT-07 Forum

Noisy front suspension

george

From day one owning the bike, i 've noticed a sort of plastic sound when hitting some bumps at low speed..
The noise is coming from the top of the frond end..
I have tightened the bolts at the recommended torgue but still the same..
Do you hear any noise from the front suspension?

• Global Moderator

I would check the front fender. There are a lot of plastic bits there and we have had guys report that the dealer installed them incorrectly. Sometimes it is hard to tell exactly where a sound is coming from.

• Premium Member

My noise was coming from the fender mounts. Clearly they should have been installed with rubber grommets. Easy fix.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
wickedtwister

I had a odd metallic noise and could not find it... turned out it was the other keys on my keychain bouncing with the wind and slight bumps. Also check to see if the headlight assembly is tight. Could be loose as well.

• Premium Member

I was noticing a random squeak while riding and I could've sworn it was coming from my frontend somewhere...took forever for me to narrow it down....turns out it was my helmet visor.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I was noticing a random squeak while riding and I could've sworn it was coming from my frontend somewhere...took forever for me to narrow it down....turns out it was my helmet visor.
It's a good thing you didn't buy a new bike to eliminate the squeak.  ;)

Beemer

• Premium Member

I messed around in there. I think it could be the brake line that's clipped to the fender. It has alot of movement and the rubber brake line does hit the fender when i move it around.

Happens to me sometimes. Just my visor.  At first I was sure it was my left front turn signal. Good thing I didn't mess with it.  

• Premium Member

Ok, its not what i mentioned above... bike sitting in the garage i put it in neutral roll with it, hit the front brakes and makes that noise..

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

If it only happens when brakes are applied it cold be the pads shifting in the calipers. I haven't had these off yet so I don't know if they can shift or not.

• Premium Member

It's a possibility the fork internals are a tad wiggly or the lower fork bushings are the wrong ones...there is a few threads on the lower fork bushing...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived