The MT-07 Forum

Trouble Using a Headlift Stand

snowdriftless

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

So I recently purchased a set of motorcycle stands (Venom; Head lift and paddle lift combo). They have good reviews and some FZ-07 owners said that the [HASH]17 pin should work fine. When I tried to use them I ran into a few issues.

First: The [HASH]17 pin was too small when I inserted it to the bottom of the triple tree (After removing the rubber plug). I switched to the largest pin it was still too small.

Second: I had the motorcycle on the rear stands and when I tried to use the front stand it was pushing the motorcycle backward. I had some trouble getting the headlift stand to clear my axle sliders which may be part of the problem. I stopped using the headlift because I didn't want the motorcycle slipping off the rear lift by chance.

Is there anything I am doing incorrectly (I know this isn't a lot of information but I can provide more if you need)? Am I missing something

Luckily the kit came with front fork lifts which the bike is currently on but I would like to use the headlift so I can remove the forks and get a cartridge kit installed in them (@pattonme, I'm looking at you) over winter. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Definitely get the 33 pit bul pin(you'll have to get a smaller locking pin or drill out the hole on the 33 to secure it). Once you get the right pin the angle of the stand will be spot on and you won't have any issues. I have the OES sliders without any issues as well.

You can make an adapter sleeve out of bits & pieces around the house.
The rear is pushing away, because there is gravel or something keeping the front stand from rolling nicely.  Just grab hold of it and don't let it roll back while you roll the front under.

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
I have the same stands. I don't know about the axle sliders, but you will want a Pitbull [HASH]33 pin.

Definitely get the 33 pit bul pin(you'll have to get a smaller locking pin or drill out the hole on the 33 to secure it). Once you get the right pin the angle of the stand will be spot on and you won't have any issues. I have the OES sliders without any issues as well.

You can make an adapter sleeve out of bits & pieces around the house. The rear is pushing away, because there is gravel or something keeping the front stand from rolling nicely.  Just grab hold of it and don't let it roll back while you roll the front under.

Thanks everyone. I didn't know if the Pitbull #33 was compatible. I will definitely pick one up!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Archived