The MT-07 Forum

Pretty Badass Horn Upgrade...

rwynne24

Has anyone seen this?
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn#fitment_tab

Saw it when it was all fully attached which didn't match my taste seeing it was pretty bulky. But now it's in 2 pieces meaning we could probably hide it somewhere on our bikes! Looked it up on YouTube and was beyond amazed with the sound! Any ideas on placement? Maybe I'll get myself an early Christmas present ;)

• Premium Member

There is also a micro version which replaces directly the stock horn placement, not loud as these but a good choice as well

I have the Split Dual Tone on my MT-07. Its awesome! Its so loud that I use the horn as a revers thruster as well- to slow down from mach 0.097. I'll upload some pics tomorrow!

Nice to know, @22div7!
Let us know how do you have mounted the Split on your 07!
I'm interested to the split model too... ;-)

www.MT-Series.it
Yamaha Official MT-Series Club

Didn't even know of that plug n play kit, but it was pretty easy to install yes, the horn does come with wiring instructions. Its a awesome piece of kit though!

Nice install, thank you for the pics, @22div7!

I have one question about the position of the compressor unit: I've read in the WebBikeWorld's test >>>here<<< that the compressor need to stay vertical (or only a little tilted from the vertical position)... Refer to the section "UPDATE (August 2015)" at the bottom of the page.
Your horn sounds good even with the compressor almost horizontal?
Any info from the Instruction Manual?

www.MT-Series.it

I Unfortunately already chucked the instructions that came with the horn but I cant remember seeing anything about the compressor having to be vertical in there ( but I might be wrong ). I had a bit of time now and removed the compressor- only one nut, held it vertical and the horn sounds exactly the same with the compressor vertical as it does with it horizontal.

Excellent!
Thank you for the test horizontal/vertical.
Maybe the advice of WebBikeWorld is only for the "standard" Denali SoundBomb?

www.MT-Series.it

• Premium Member
Nice install, thank you for the pics, @22div7! 
I have one question about the position of the compressor unit: I've read in the WebBikeWorld's test >>>here<<< that the compressor need to stay vertical (or only a little tilted from the vertical position)... Refer to the section "UPDATE (August 2015)" at the bottom of the page.
Your horn sounds good even with the compressor almost horizontal?
Any info from the Instruction Manual?
I just got mine from Revzilla today, and the instructions say absolutely nothing about the orientation of the compressor.  Oddly enough though (as an aside), my compressor is not painted black.  The metal tube is unpainted metal (everything else is black ABS plastic).  Gonna have to remedy that before installation.

I wanted it last year, until I accidentally hit the horn a few times trying to cancel the blinkers, once right when I was passing a pretty lady jogging in tight running/yoga pants after I made a turn. I made a cringe face when it happened.

I instead opted to get one of those cheapie Fiamm freeway blasters because at least I won't accidentally scare pretty joggers when I'm canceling my turn signal but will still have a louder car sounding horn when it counts.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Thanks! I only bought the the split soundbomb (http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn). Don't know anything about a plug 'n play kit? I had to make a bracket for the soundbomb's compressor, made it from some scrap metal lying around.
Where did you find that little 90 degree elbow for the hose (where it attaches to the horn)?

• Global Moderator
Thanks! I only bought the the split soundbomb (http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn). Don't know anything about a plug 'n play kit? I had to make a bracket for the soundbomb's compressor, made it from some scrap metal lying around.
Where did you find that little 90 degree elbow for the hose (where it attaches to the horn)?
You can usually find them at ace or home depot.... look in the gardening sections
or autozone/checker might have em with their pneumatics section for suspension/air ride

theres also a plumbing supply over on grand and 91st/101 that micht have something like that

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted it last year, until I accidentally hit the horn a few times trying to cancel the blinkers, once right when I was passing a pretty lady jogging in tight running/yoga pants after I made a turn. I made a cringe face when it happened. 
I instead opted to get one of those cheapie Fiamm freeway blasters because at least I won't accidentally scare pretty joggers when I'm canceling my turn signal but will still have a louder car sounding horn when it counts.

Don't let new age feminists fool you, girls love being honked at, especially ugly or fat, you'll make their day. Hot chicks too, you know, they always feel ugly and need the reassurance.

When someone rigs one to play la cucaracha, I'll buy it for sure.

• Premium Member

Nice! I really dig the two piece design. The oem "meep meep" is garbage. Enjoy it!

I picked up a Stebel Nautilus Compact Tuning and it's also deafening/frightening at 140 dB.  This was definitely one of the best upgrades out of everything I've done so far.  My bike now sounds like a freight train!  Love this thing!

http://www.stebel.it/stebel/products.asp?IDserie=14&uso=&IDprodotto=49&tipologia=TUNING

Mounted on oem horn bolt with chopped common 3" angle bracket.
[attachment id=1215" thumbnail="1]

[attachment id=1217" thumbnail="1]

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
Nice! I really dig the two piece design. The oem "meep meep" is garbage. Enjoy it!  
I picked up a Stebel Nautilus Compact Tuning and it's also deafening/frightening at 140 dB.  This was definitely one of the best upgrades out of everything I've done so far.  My bike now sounds like a freight train!  Love this thing!

http://www.stebel.it/stebel/products.asp?IDserie=14&uso=&IDprodotto=49&tipologia=TUNING

Mounted on oem horn bolt with chopped common 3" angle bracket.
[attachment thumbnail=1" id="1215]

[attachment thumbnail=1" id="1217]

Guy at work has one of these on his gsxr....
they drown out the train horns we begrudgingly install on customers penile supplements(lifted trucks)

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 4 weeks later...
jeepinbassist

Archived