Sign in to follow this  
rwynne24

Pretty Badass Horn Upgrade...

rwynne24
Has anyone seen this?
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn#fitment_tab

Saw it when it was all fully attached which didn't match my taste seeing it was pretty bulky. But now it's in 2 pieces meaning we could probably hide it somewhere on our bikes! Looked it up on YouTube and was beyond amazed with the sound! Any ideas on placement? Maybe I'll get myself an early Christmas present ;)

noltz
I got the normal version, its awesome loud, only use it on people who are worthy of it's sound lol
  • Like 1

noltz
There is also a micro version which replaces directly the stock horn placement, not loud as these but a good choice as well

22div7
I have the Split Dual Tone on my MT-07. Its awesome! Its so loud that I use the horn as a revers thruster as well- to slow down from mach 0.097. I'll upload some pics tomorrow!
  • Like 1

etorty
Nice to know, @22div7!
Let us know how do you have mounted the Split on your 07!
I'm interested to the split model too... ;-)

Beemer
Denali makes some quality stuff. 120 db at 3 ft, nice! 

rwynne24
Looks amazing you can barely see it! Did you have to buy the " plug and play" kit from revzilla for it?

22div7
Didn't even know of that plug n play kit, but it was pretty easy to install yes, the horn does come with wiring instructions. Its a awesome piece of kit though!

etorty
Nice install, thank you for the pics, @22div7!

I have one question about the position of the compressor unit: I've read in the WebBikeWorld's test >>>here<<< that the compressor need to stay vertical (or only a little tilted from the vertical position)... Refer to the section "UPDATE (August 2015)" at the bottom of the page.
Your horn sounds good even with the compressor almost horizontal?
Any info from the Instruction Manual?

22div7
I Unfortunately already chucked the instructions that came with the horn but I cant remember seeing anything about the compressor having to be vertical in there ( but I might be wrong ). I had a bit of time now and removed the compressor- only one nut, held it vertical and the horn sounds exactly the same with the compressor vertical as it does with it horizontal.
  • Like 1

etorty
Excellent!
Thank you for the test horizontal/vertical.
Maybe the advice of WebBikeWorld is only for the "standard" Denali SoundBomb?

so1102
Nice install, thank you for the pics, @22div7! 
I have one question about the position of the compressor unit: I've read in the WebBikeWorld's test >>>here<<< that the compressor need to stay vertical (or only a little tilted from the vertical position)... Refer to the section "UPDATE (August 2015)" at the bottom of the page.
Your horn sounds good even with the compressor almost horizontal?
Any info from the Instruction Manual?
I just got mine from Revzilla today, and the instructions say absolutely nothing about the orientation of the compressor.  Oddly enough though (as an aside), my compressor is not painted black.  The metal tube is unpainted metal (everything else is black ABS plastic).  Gonna have to remedy that before installation.