The MT-07 Forum

A new MT is coming

Bucaro_FZ07

Could just be the mt-320 that's been talked about before. However, the instrument cluster is similar to the fz-09, offset to the right. If you pause the video on the rider shot you cans see the reflection on his helmet.

I'm thinking it's this............

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com.au/60years/news/faster-sons-chapter-two-%E2%80%93-the-challenge

A 09 with different skins. Would explain the FZ09 cluster.

If not, probably the 321 single. Maybe both, who knows. Don't think a 01 is in the works. Honestly would love a shaft driven MT/FZ based off of the Tenere 1200 moter, complete with ABS, large tank and cruise control. That could be my "lifetime" bike. Not holding my breath on that one.........

scordiaboy515

Always liked this bike.....if they came to the states i would have bought one.....http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/2010-motorcycles/mt01-sp.jpg

I think Paulibiker is right about this one and I hope so, that bike looks bad-ass! The 83' XZ550RJ I used to have had a big tank (4.5 gal.) and nice, quiet, maintenance free shaft drive and dual pipes as well, sweeeet! I often think I would love to have that bike with the FZ/07's engine in it along with cruise control. I read an article about it (Wiki I believe) not long ago that said it was the first Japanese bike that was comparable to a BMW it was that good. What a shame it was discontinued for the reasons it was. If it had evolved into a 750 or a 1000 it would've been the talk for a long time I believe.

<<< XZ550RJ

Beemer

• Premium Member

In any case, Yamaha is sure mastering the art of creating hype! Not that there is anything wrong with that. ;)

Why can't left turners see us?

Just looked at the video. What a piece of childish rubbish. Big money to say...NOTHING. If I was their auditing department I would be firing people. In the same league as 5.5" rear rim on the MT. All style, cost extra and does NOTHING useful.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
Just looked at the video. What a piece of childish rubbish. Big money to say...NOTHING. If I was their auditing department I would be firing people. In the same league as 5.5" rear rim on the MT. All style, cost extra and does NOTHING useful.
I appreciate what you're saying, and I agree, but... why do people love the FZ-07?  Everything is a trade-off, but I think part of the attraction is the look (including rear wheel and tire).  If I wanted a track/performance bike, I would not have chosen and upright riding position, mediocre power, naked.   Yamaha nailed the look, performance, cost trade-offs with the FZ-07, and I think this new bike might be pretty cool.   

Why can't left turners see us?

The big fat rear tyre is a pain in the arse on wet roads as it is too big an area for the weight of the bike. It aquaplanes quite easily. It is more expensive than it needs to be because it is so big. It is heavier than it needs to be. And to me it does not look good. It looks like the ridiculous Batcycle that would be completely impossible to lean and turn.
Why do we like the MT07 (FZ07). I don't know but for some reason many of us just click with it. Occasionally bikes like this come along. CX500, some of the Harleys ( not my cup of tea but produce the passion in others), Ducati Monsters, VTR250's, TDM900 ( and their older brother the TX850), RD350LC, TR650 Husky ( it's brother the 650 BMW doesn't attract the same verve), Suzuki dr650 and many others produce apparently fervent reactions in quite a few of their owners. Who knows. I have had dozens of motorcycles and really like this bike. Had to fix heaps of things...still like it. BTW I hate the Japanese Manga angular look...still like the bike...

I get what you're saying but on the other hand I see this kind of marketing every day in common car/truck commercials. Even though they show the vehicles in the commercials I'm referring to they usually don't say much, if anything, about them. It's as though they think they have the answer to selling more vehicles and the answer isn't to talk about their specs, how powerful or good handling they are but to make them look as much like something from your fantasy with as much CGI as they can to sell their product. This commercial isn't much different (less actually showing the vehicle), it's full of fantastic eye candy to provoke a positive reaction to something that the consumer knows nothing about. People are buying things based on how cool they are made to look and I hate it, too. Reminds me of the gang banger look that is so popular. I just want to kick them in the pants to help people get them back up around their waist. The good samaritan thing.  ;) (got that off the chest!)

Beemer

just like @beemer said. When selling beer they don't actually show the can till the very end or in sporadic flashes. The DO show the hunks and bikini girls extensively as well as their joyous expressions. Same with these silly-ass Jeep commercials where it's climbing an impossible (for mortals) road or perched high atop some geological formation. People are wow'ing at the scenery, not the car they are ostensibly supposed to be interested in. I'm no psycho-analyst and personally thinks it's utter rubbish. But the marketers are convinced they are getting value for money in excess of what they would get if they had show-room shots of a proto-typical family trying to get in/out of the vehicle on their way to school, the airport or weekend getaway.

But in order to sell more Fork kits, I'm putting out a casting call for hunk and hunkettes to sit around a track-side camp fire talking suspension and damping feel in corners, making passing gestures with their hands, and finish with a shot of forks with stylish stickers on them as the sun sets.

My sales should go up 30%! ;)

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Pattonme,
If you did it on you tube and did it right you almost certainly would. Targetted advertising would be watched by interested audience I reckon. That's why this little piece of crap is just crap. General excitement ad, aimed at adolescence, as if the media is a generalist viewing. It's not. People who watch it are going to be in the main motorcyclists who are notoriously skeptical ( once they are out of their 20's). An ad like this just makes the post adolescent viewer, who actually has the money to be interested, gain the impression that Yamaha has lost the plot. The original MT07 add was the same . I even wanted to know about the bike but would skip the ad because it was so irrelevant.

pattonme

Since they like to market things unrealistically how about a pic of a hot, sexy chick with a smile of satisfaction on her face, laying in a bed naked under the sheets next to a fork kit that she's lightly caressing and smoking an 'afterwards' cigarette. Similar may have already been done but it never gets old because guys gravitate toward smokin' yum- yum.

Beemer

Archived