The MT-07 Forum

mirror extenders

gtmn

on a vsrtom forum a guy is making mirror adapters for the fj-09, he owns both bikes he has a web site and will likely have them up soon keep an eye open for them as then you will be able to see behind you his web site is      adventuretech just thought I would pass it on

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

really nothing
all you guys love your mirrors or did ya throw them away
I couldn't see crap out of mine
I thought this would be a great fix

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Dang, that's a way better option than the mirror extenders I got on Amazon that I don't even use anymore LOL.

SigSide.jpg

really nothing all you guys love your mirrors or did ya throw them away
I couldn't see crap out of mine
I thought this would be a great fix

Have you tried this out yet? They do look like a good option. The only downside I see is they might make lane splitting a bit more challenging.

• Global Moderator

I dont see a problem lanesplitting with them as they put the mirrors more up than out.... only issue i would see is making them red to give a small accent

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest 2wheeler

I'm looking forward to your review. I think that version of a mirror extender looks like it would work the best, but you never know.

I got mine from amazon almost two years ago,similar to those sold on ebay for 16.95(not available anymore I just checked).I can actually see over my shoulders with no problem,unlike stock configuration when all I could see was my shoulders,pretty satisfied so far.

They are amazing! wish it came like that stock. could still lane split as they dont stick out past the bars much. Can see very well behind me without compromising the ability to see the lanes on either side. Cant see the opposite lane like some have said with bar ends. I will take some pics on my lunch and post them

Thanks for the pics! Do you notice any additional vibration/blurring in the mirrors with the extenders? 
Not at all, nice and steady

Thanks for the pics! Do you notice any additional vibration/blurring in the mirrors with the extenders? 
Not at all, nice and steady
Wonderful! Thanks! Well, once again, this forum separates me from more of my hard earned cash...  (rofl)

Shipping only took 2 days, install just mere moments. I have the left one lower to see when I am riding more relaxed or at a stop, the right angled higher so I can see behind me for more leaned over aggressive riding.

• Premium Member

I got the AdventureTech and am quite pleased with them. They do not stick out like mouse ears, as I expected, and do make seeing much better. AND, contrary to the cheapos, imho, look OEM.

Worth the extra bucks.

• Premium Member

What? Who doesn't like looking at their elbows over cars!? Joking a side that looks great I never did mind the styling of the stock mirrors. Thanks for sharing.

Archived