The MT-07 Forum

Graves vs Yoshimura Fender Eliminator

xcarbonsteelx

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

I think I have narrowed it down to these two eliminator kits. For those that have them would you please post pro/cons you've had with them?

If this has already been discussed, please direct me there and this post can be deleted.

Thank you in advance!

- xCarbonSteelx

• Premium Member

So it looks like the Graves doesn't come with a license plate light. If you're in CA, I know those are mandatory, so check your local laws if you so desire. 

Also, if you plan on using the stock lights or similar, they both look like they hold the lights the same. The Yosh has the option to remove the light holders if you ever decide to get other lights, like @wickedtwister's. So you end up with a pretty clean look (see image).
ZsIyotLmbNppK_sWarrU.JPG

The angle of the plates are also different, with the Graves at a steeper angle.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I'm happy with the Yoshi. I'm not running turn signals as I have a motodynamics integrated taillight so I left those pieces of the eliminator. The led light is low profile and very bright. I took the Yoshimura logo off the tag surround plate and used a Sharpie to black out the Yoshi engraving on the led light. Looks nice and clean imo.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

@motomeek, I wasn't aware of the angel difference. Thank you for pointing that out. I posted the question in another topic but will ask here:

How do @wickedtwister's lights install?

@ctrlslave, thank you for the info.

I think I'll end up with the Yoshimura.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Premium Member

I like the Yoshi fine, though I fabbed a simple aluminum piece to allow me to mount the stock turn signals tight up against the tag frame. My only complaint about the Yoshi is that the instructions are generic and say absolutely zero related to any specific bike it is to be mounted on; hence, I had to look elsewhere for some info when installing.

Didn't think I had a pic of the little bracket allowing moving the lights in, but found one...

So it looks like the Graves doesn't come with a license plate light. If you're in CA, I know those are mandatory, so check your local laws if you so desire.  
Also, if you plan on using the stock lights or similar, they both look like they hold the lights the same. The Yosh has the option to remove the light holders if you ever decide to get other lights, like @wickedtwister's. So you end up with a pretty clean look (see image).
ZsIyotLmbNppK_sWarrU.JPG

The angle of the plates are also different, with the Graves at a steeper angle.

vihc2p.jpg 
The tailight does a decent job of lighting the plate up in Cali.  No cop has given me troubles.  

Archived