The MT-07 Forum

Arrow Exhaust, M4 or Yoshi!!

rwynne24

So I can't really make up a decision for what exhaust I would like for my bike... My girlfriend wants to buy me it for Christmas ( which I'm all for just don't want to break the bank!!) So I was looking at the yoshi which is the one I would seemingly really want but at $700 that's a little steep.... The M4 seems like a nice option and I imagine it would cost around $100 or so to install at a shop. Next would be the arrow exhaust BUT do they absolutely REQUIRE the headers to work? Or would that be another slip on you could use by cutting off the CAT and so on... My only gripe is, if she spends $400 on the M4 and I spend $150-200 getting a shop to install it I might as well just buy the yoshi for a little more.... Either way I'm looking for 3 things. Quality, Aggressive "throaty or deep" sound and finally Performance, it's not a must being that I won't be getting a fuel controller for a little bit but I'm sure you guys understand what I mean. Any input would help!

So I can't really make up a decision for what exhaust I would like for my bike... My girlfriend wants to buy me it for Christmas ( which I'm all for just don't want to break the bank!!) So I was looking at the yoshi which is the one I would seemingly really want but at $700 that's a little steep.... The M4 seems like a nice option and I imagine it would cost around $100 or so to install at a shop. Next would be the arrow exhaust BUT do they absolutely REQUIRE the headers to work? Or would that be another slip on you could use by cutting off the CAT and so on... My only gripe is, if she spends $400 on the M4 and I spend $150-200 getting a shop to install it I might as well just buy the yoshi for a little more.... Either way I'm looking for 3 things. Quality, Aggressive "throaty or deep" sound and finally Performance, it's not a must being that I won't be getting a fuel controller for a little bit but I'm sure you guys understand what I mean. Any input would help!
I got the full Yoshi. It sounds superb.

So does the Arrow.

If you get the full Yoshi, the install is pretty easy, except attaching to the bike with the hanger thing....very tight space.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Premium Member

What ever you get you will like it over stock. Get whats in your budget.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

I have the M4 and it sounds awesome. You don't even need to take the baffle out. I took it out and it was just a little too loud for my taste. Why don't you install yourself? There are plenty of videos showing you how to do it. Its very easy to accomplish. Even for someone that has never done something like this before.

Never heard the arrow, but I have heard the yoshi and m4. M4 sounds really good with the baffle out (I think it was out, don't remember. But it was pretty loud, so I'm guessing it was out). The yoshi sounds really good to and not crazy loud, it's a good loud. Personally I like the yoshi more, but I'm biased since I don't like making permanent modifications like you would do with the m4. You won't be disappointed with the yoshi, and just in case, you won't be stuck with it either since you can just go back to stick easily.

But if you can afford it, maybe look for a used akrapovic... I have one. Best sound ever lol.
And you don't need the fuel controller if you leave the baffle in with the akra. But it's quieter than the yoshi with the baffle in. Still sounds good. With the baffle out, its the loudest of all(I think) but also sounds the absolute best

• Premium Member

Go Yosh. Carbon. Found mine on eBay for 600 with free ship. I had just missed a deal from same seller for 570 free ship. Install is super easy. No cutting. Just bolt up.

Get the one that you think sounds or looks the best that you can afford. The differences in performance probably won't even be noticeable. 

Beemer

I love the sound of my Arrow!
So do I... imo, well worth the extra money and yes, you do need the headers although some people mount the muffler underneath by not using the central link-pipe. Your choice but the Arrow bolts straight on, sounds great with the baffle in and gives a very smooth power delivery with more punch throughout the rev range. 

I really like the sound of the M4, it's more open and aggressive I think so that's what I'm looking for. I LOVE the look of the yoshi but to me it has a more "whiny" sound. As for installing it on my own, I looked into it and it doesn't seem to hard as well as my buddy said he'd help me out because he has more tools than I do haha. Thank you guys for the input I'm pretty sure the M4 is going to be it!

After some recent research I am beginning to think Arrow may be the go instead of my Akra snail system. The Arrow appears to use the new close to head negative wave reflector physics to bypass the out of phase problem of the MT07 crank. So does the Leo Vince. Not confirmed yet. More research necessary and some maths.
Arrow, like Akro and GPR, make motoGP and Superbike racing exhausts.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived