The MT-07 Forum

New Rider new bike!

eurofunction

Hey all just took the NH Motorcycle training course and passed with flying colors (NH residents get a huge insurance discount if you get a course completion card, so kind of a no brainer).

Little background,

I'm a car guy at heart. Bought a 2004 VW R32 in 2007 and after a few years ended up building the motor and developed my own turbo setup for it. Mainly did road course driving and some Autocross. Recently I realized that I need to buy a house so I ended up selling the R32 to help with the down payment. Issue is that was my main source of adrenaline so naturally I took the motorcycle class and bought an FZ-07 to help restore some adrenaline ;) .

Love the bike so far! I didn't like how quiet it was (I'm used to driving a car with 3" straight pipe exhaust) so after about 85 miles I swapped out the stock exhaust for a Yoshimura. A friend of mine owns a bike shop and hooked me up with a Bazzaz ZFI piggyback to correct the fuel trims. And we just installed that last weekend (just in time for storage). 

Anyways super happy with my purchase, looking forward to putting many more miles on the bike, and also looking forward to chatting with you peeps and learning a lot more!

My new bike before the exhaust:

image1_zps9hpcih03.jpeg

My old adrenaline producer :(  :

524159_411179602314057_720473127_n_zpsxp8nw2s9.jpg

528243_417770381654979_373583814_n_zpsumtoi3uo.jpg

Welcome bud. You are going to have a lot of fun with the FZ with all of those nice twisty roads up there in NH. That's one of the things that I miss from living in NH compared to FL. Stay safe and have fun.

Thanks for the welcome guys. NH roads are usually pretty nice but I am in Southern NH which means I gotta drive 1.5 hours north to get to the good twistys. I go down to North Carolina once a year to drive Deals Gap and the other amazing roads down there in the Smokey mountains, so that's where I really get my fix.

Quick question:

What do you all recommend for a rear fender eliminator? I cannot stand how big and bulky the stock rear fender and license plate frame is. Looking for something a little smaller and more sleek looking.

• Premium Member

You would probably like the Yoshimura fender elim. Or if you want something better and more righteous, @rotaryryan24 makes custom ones for us here. He should be in the supporting vendors section.

Everything went braap.

Think I read that rotaryryan isn't making them. Something about a new job, I think. I'm about 45 minutes away from the Kancamagus. Beautiful curvy road. Sometimes it's tough riding it because the road begs you to go fast and the scenery begs you to look around. Bike is going into storage soon but then the skis come out.

Archived