The MT-07 Forum

These are the mirrors I want

yamahappy74

Those mirrors DO look sleek, however they look like they will provide an even Better view of my Elbows than do the stock mirrors.

Thats the situation I find myself in currently. No matter what adjustment I make, 2/3 of the mirror is taken up by a view of either elbow.

Even when I pull my elbows in, I am still only get use of half the mirror. I havent yet seen any aftermarket Mirror that will solve that problem

for me (that looks good anyways). I AM a big guy though,(6'3") and I have long arms. Maybe smaller riders are not having that problem......

AlbatrossCafe
Those mirrors DO look sleek, however they look like they will provide an even Better view of my Elbows than do the stock mirrors. 
Thats the situation I find myself in currently. No matter what adjustment I make, 2/3 of the mirror is taken up by a view of either elbow.

Even when I pull my elbows in, I am still only get use of half the mirror. I havent yet seen any aftermarket Mirror that will solve that problem

for me (that looks good anyways). I AM a big guy though,(6'3") and I have long arms. Maybe smaller riders are not having that problem......

I just got Rhino-mount bar-end sliders and CRG-arrow mirrors. I am also a big guy (6'2", 240lb weightlifter with broad shoulders) and they are absolute gold. I have it adjusted so that my wrist is in about 1/5 of the mirror, but other than that it is all view. They are (concave? convex?) also which allows me to see behind the bike (like a rear-view mirror) through either mirror without moving my torso. If I lean a bit, I can see to the left-rear of the bike even with the right mirror.

In summary - if you like the look of bar-ends, they work perfectly for bigger guys like you & me and only add about 2 inches to the width of your bike. Here is a pic:

Ql81sFO.jpg
XzSu0yi.jpg

• Premium Member

I still plan to change my mirrors but found that after installing woodcraft clipons the new outward angle of the mirrors has finally made them useful for the first time. Now I don't have to tuck in my elbows to see behind me.

• Premium Member

you can get some mirror extenders from ebay, i got one for 35 bucks with shipping, its amazing 

• Premium Member

IMO nothing beats the stock mirror for clarity and field of view. The down side is that they are positioned so that you see most of yourself instead of what's behind you on either side (and they don't look too great either). I installed the Koubla plastic mirror extenders and it does solve the field of view issue but now they look even more like some appendage from a cockroach! And they vibrate causing distortion at certain rpms.

I purchased a few sets of mirrors from Ebay and they all had these tiny little convex mirrors. Yes, the field of view is wider, but with my already poor vision, age, etc, I can't make out what is behind me with much detail. Yes, I can see if there are vehicles behind me but I wouldn't be able to pick out a police car behind me. The image reflected from the mirror is simply too small.

We need more aftermarket mirrors which have a large mirror area and are not convex and don't cost $200 each!

AlbatrossCafe
IMO nothing beats the stock mirror for clarity and field of view. The down side is that they are positioned so that you see most of yourself instead of what's behind you on either side (and they don't look too great either). I installed the Koubla plastic mirror extenders and it does solve the field of view issue but now they look even more like some appendage from a cockroach! And they vibrate causing distortion at certain rpms. 
I purchased a few sets of mirrors from Ebay and they all had these tiny little convex mirrors. Yes, the field of view is wider, but with my already poor vision, age, etc, I can't make out what is behind me with much detail. Yes, I can see if there are vehicles behind me but I wouldn't be able to pick out a police car behind me. The image reflected from the mirror is simply too small.

We need more aftermarket mirrors which have a large mirror area and are not convex and don't cost $200 each!
I was also very skeptical about the "tiny little convex" bar-end mirrors that I got as well. When I first started using them I was a little disappointed with how much I could see. I then realized I had them poorly adjusted, and once I figured that out, they worked great! Though I just got laser-eye surgery and I'm only 24 so I have no problem with the smaller image :P 
Although I still wish they were slightly bigger, I will say the best thing about the bar ends for those that are considering them is that there is absolutely no vibration in the mirrors, even at shaky-low RPMs or high speed. Not being based on the center of the handlebar and hanging off a 12 inch attachment really helps.

I recently installed the lane splitter 3" round convex mirrors, too. I'm in my 40's...they work for me. The stock mirrors always had me scanning for a decent view. With these, both mirrors show behind me very well. Yes, some detail is lost. A small price to pay.

Plus, they look way better.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Premium Member

I hear you on the Rizoma parts; I seem to be covering my bike in them as well. Rizoma sure arent cheap, but they're really classy looking and a top quality build; you wont be disappointed. When it comes to superfluous parts Im hard pressed to buy another brand. [span][/span]

It's only money...enjoy it...you'll make more tomorrow.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I like those a lot, they remind me of mine ...

[attachment id=1048" thumbnail="1]

My arms don't block the view of what's behind me even tho I'm 5'8', 190 lbs., lift weights, have 22 inch pythons, bench 285, eat 12 raw eggs a day, have two girlfriends and wear lot's of gold around my neck like Mr. T.  ;)

Beemer

Archived