Sign in to follow this  
pineappleunderthesea

So am I being waaaay too picky?

pineappleunderthesea
When I clean the bike, I rotate the tires to make sure there are no little pebbles stuck in the treads.  If there are, I meticulously remove them.

I'm sure they eventually come out, but it just bothers me to know they're in there.  Waiting.

rowdy
I don't really do that, but I don't think it means you've got OCD. ;)

stefano225
I might wash my bike next year,it would be the first time with 2700 miles on her she looks pretty clean to me  :D .But I did pick some rocks off the tires before  :) .

duenan
I do that, but usually only when I notice it on the road while riding. What I mean is, I can feel it, I can feel there is something wrong. I come home and I check and sure enough there is a little rock stuck in the thread, sticking out past the thread. Now, if it is a tiny pebble that is seated deep inside, I usually don't worry about it.

Beemer
If you only do it when you clean your bike it's ok. Most people would try to get a bug from between the fins on the radiator when cleaning so I don't see any difference. If you did that every time after riding I would say you may be OCD.

jerryv
Only way to be certain is check his sock drawer and see if they are stacked neatly by color.  If that's the case then its too late; he can't be saved  O_o

If you only do it when you clean your bike it's ok. Most people would try to get a bug from between the fins on the radiator when cleaning so I don't see any difference. If you did that every time after riding I would say you may be OCD.

Beemer
Only way to be certain is check his sock drawer and see if they are stacked neatly by color.  If that's the case then its too late; he can't be saved  O_o 

Ha! :D OMG, that's what I do but just so I can find them quicker, I don't fold them together or roll them up like some people do. My dad, the hard core drill Sgt. aaand my military training made me the way I am. I do put the toilet paper roll with the paper coming over the top tho.  :-/

norcal616
After the first low slid you just go about washing it once a yr...  (rofl)... 

Maybe it's cuz we all have an involuntary need to keep new shiny stuff as picture perfect as possible till......

AlbatrossCafe
Well, now that I really think about it, you picking rocks out of your tires actually is very "picky".

y7Z0L.jpg

• Like 1

Dav
It is OK if cleaning your bike gets your rocks off :D
  • Like 1

pineappleunderthesea
Well, I was between a rock and a hard place...ha!

noltz
I do this everyday before I go out, i clean the bike thoroughly, lift it up on rear/front stand and check tire for pebbles and rocks, and check air pressure, then i do a full electric check, blinkers, hazards, low/high, horn, tail light idle and stopped, license plate light. I just want to make every ride a perfect ride :P

rowdy
What ever man...  Just ROCK OUT! 

pineappleunderthesea
What ever man...  Just ROCK OUT!
We're hitting rock bottom here...eh eh

avanti
YOUR time; use it however you want... picking out pebbles that will throw out anyway, or go RIDING!!!