The MT-07 Forum

So am I being waaaay too picky?

pineappleunderthesea

pineappleunderthesea

When I clean the bike, I rotate the tires to make sure there are no little pebbles stuck in the treads.  If there are, I meticulously remove them.

I'm sure they eventually come out, but it just bothers me to know they're in there.  Waiting.

I might wash my bike next year,it would be the first time with 2700 miles on her she looks pretty clean to me  :D .But I did pick some rocks off the tires before  :) .

I do that, but usually only when I notice it on the road while riding. What I mean is, I can feel it, I can feel there is something wrong. I come home and I check and sure enough there is a little rock stuck in the thread, sticking out past the thread. Now, if it is a tiny pebble that is seated deep inside, I usually don't worry about it.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

If you only do it when you clean your bike it's ok. Most people would try to get a bug from between the fins on the radiator when cleaning so I don't see any difference. If you did that every time after riding I would say you may be OCD.

Beemer

Only way to be certain is check his sock drawer and see if they are stacked neatly by color.  If that's the case then its too late; he can't be saved  O_o

If you only do it when you clean your bike it's ok. Most people would try to get a bug from between the fins on the radiator when cleaning so I don't see any difference. If you did that every time after riding I would say you may be OCD.

Only way to be certain is check his sock drawer and see if they are stacked neatly by color.  If that's the case then its too late; he can't be saved  O_o 

Ha! :D OMG, that's what I do but just so I can find them quicker, I don't fold them together or roll them up like some people do. My dad, the hard core drill Sgt. aaand my military training made me the way I am. I do put the toilet paper roll with the paper coming over the top tho.  :-/

Beemer

• Premium Member

After the first low slid you just go about washing it once a yr...  (rofl)... 

Maybe it's cuz we all have an involuntary need to keep new shiny stuff as picture perfect as possible till......

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

I do this everyday before I go out, i clean the bike thoroughly, lift it up on rear/front stand and check tire for pebbles and rocks, and check air pressure, then i do a full electric check, blinkers, hazards, low/high, horn, tail light idle and stopped, license plate light. I just want to make every ride a perfect ride :P

• Premium Member
It is OK if cleaning your bike gets your rocks off :D
Well, I was between a rock and a hard place...ha!
What ever man...  Just ROCK OUT! 

Why can't left turners see us?

pineappleunderthesea
Well, I was between a rock and a hard place...ha!
What ever man...  Just ROCK OUT!
We're hitting rock bottom here...eh eh

• Premium Member

YOUR time; use it however you want... picking out pebbles that will throw out anyway, or go RIDING!!!

Archived