The MT-07 Forum

Finally finished my"seat cover" carryrack.

gregjet

Finally got it finished.
Decided to make it a carryrack and used 5mmAl plate with the stock hooks and made an aluminium latch.
When I had finished I though it looks a bit open so I stealthed it by making a set of foam shapes and covering it with Carbon fibre. Strong enough for luggage ( I use a kayak waterproof bag on it) but looks OK when not being used. Not light though as The Al plate is reasonable heavy.Sorry about the orientation but I took these with my phone and haven't found a way to stop the original orientation. Tried all sorts of saving and reorientation overrides and nothing works. Common problem apparently . Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5.0

picview%20save2.jpg

picview%20save%20seatcovert.jpg

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 2 weeks later...
travisaurusrex

This is really solid work. I like the style of it and it looks really heavy-duty. How do you use it? Does it directly attach to any luggage? Can you post a picture of it When you have it all loaded up?

I really like the idea of it being easy to change to the pillion seat if needed.

Used the latches from the pillion seat to make it. Bike is solo registered. No rear seat no footpegs.

• Premium Member

Nice work! Nothing more satisfying than fabricating your own bits....and having them look classy too.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 6 months later...

Sorry robertbishop, the underneath is way too ugly for that revelation

• 1 month later...
  • Global Moderator
Sorry robertbishop, the underneath is way too ugly for that revelation
I'm curious to see the mounting...
im thinking about doing something similar because i really dont want to spenf 150 bucks on the SW-Motech one

I'd like to see a picture of the under-side of that seat/rack. Looks great
Technically you're already looking at the underside I mean he is upside-down afterall

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

OK , Due to popular demand ( Populism is not humanity's best trait), here is the underneath. The latch was (poorly) machined by me. The hooks are stock ones transposed to the new plate. The yellow with blue are nolathane swaybar bushes I had laying around with a bit of hypalon mousepad glued to the bottom to give some support and antirattle. I did warn you it was ugly.
P7060002.jpg

• Global Moderator

Hey look its right-side right
Not bad greg... not bad at all..

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived