The MT-07 Forum

New member from DC

dc2fl

Hey everyone! 

I've had my white FZ-07 for a few months now and several thousands miles, in I'm totally in love. I wanted a FZ6R for almost a year and then converted to the FZ-07 and I'm so so glad that I did. I was looking for the perfect city bike because I commute in DC traffic most days but I love that I can get out on the highway too with no problem. When I first bought it I loved it so much that my boyfriend ended up getting one too haha. 

Everything on it is still stock but pretty soon I'm going to start getting all the mods I want. Does anyone else have aftermarket levers they'd recommend? I really don't like how high the friction zone is on the clutch so I'm going to get adjustable levers, just haven't picked them out yet. Other than that I've got a bunch of cosmetic things picked out and I'm leaning towards a two brothers or M4 exhaust. 

I'd love to meet some other FZs near me to ride with! Pretty soon I'm going to be moving back to south florida so if anyone's from there then you can give me a shout too.

z2DocvC.jpg?1

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome dc2fl! You'll have more riding days in FL for sure. Glad you joined our little group.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcome aboard and I love that wooden bridge! I like old covered bridges, there were a few of them around in the Indiana/Ohio area where I used to live. Haven't seen any where I'm at here in Florida, pooh!

Beemer

Welcome! I commute into DC every day from the south. Fredericksburg area. I haven't exactly gone riding around DC. Always get lost.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! I have large hands and the black CRG RC2 standard levers are on my bike. I purchased them from Revzilla for just under $200 for both levers. They are well made, work great and look fantastic on the bike. The adjustability is enough to work for me. These adjustable levers come in standard and shorty version. There are cheaper levers, so check the forum for these other levers. Be careful with some of the levers sold on eBay that are from China. Some riders have experienced installation issues, while others have no problems.

Pretty soon I'm going to be moving back to south florida so if anyone's from there then you can give me a shout too.

Naples or Miami? I realize the Capital-area political climate is oppressive, but we've got nice roads round these parts. After a couple years around Tampa I couldn't take the flats any more.
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived