The MT-07 Forum

New Member From Ohio

hungoverherald

hungoverherald

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am 25 and am currently watching some dealers battle it out trying to get me the lowest price possible on the FZ-07. Hoping to have it in my possession tomorrow evening. If that happens i will upload some photos of the bike for everyone. I'm hoping to get the raven edition but I also have it out for the silver. Any tips for a new rider with the bike would be appreciated.
Thanks all!

• Premium Member

If you can, take an MSF bike class. They'll teach you emergency stops and swerves/direction changes and other skills that may not be intuitive to learn without time and/or instruction.

Got easy on the throttle, at first. ;-)

hungoverherald

I probably should've said I'm not brand new. I grew up on dirt bikes. I know it doesn't exactly translate over but I feel like it will help a little bit. I do plan on taking the class. The dealer I am buying the bike from is going to pay for it for me. So thats nice.

• Premium Member

I probably should've said I'm not brand new. I grew up on dirt bikes. I know it doesn't exactly translate over but I feel like it will help a little bit. I do plan on taking the class. The dealer I am buying the bike from is going to pay for it for me. So thats nice.
I wish all dealers did that. You will enjoy this bike! That silver is slick!

• Premium Member

I think that is something dealers should do for you. This would somehow in a way encourage new riders, but I'm sure messing around with paperwork they somehow incorporated "Them" paying for it as "You" paying for the course. That would surely need to be clearly in writing and not an add-on cost to the bike.

hungoverherald

I agree. Through the state of Ohio it doesn't cost much to take the course. IIRC it's like $50. Now the other dealer I'm working with is not going to do that but so far they are gonna be saving me $200 on the bike so I'll take the hit.

Archived