The MT-07 Forum

New rider in SoCal

bfidak27

Hi everybody,
Just purchased my white FZ-07 a few weeks ago. I fell in love with the bike from the moment I saw it, I have about 700 miles on the bike already. I am a brand new rider, only 19 years old, and took a safety course before I bought the bike. It's been a lot of fun learning on this bike, very light and goes where you want it to go. I just bought a Yoshimura exhaust that comes in on Friday so I can't wait to install it. This forum has been very helpful when it comes to anything about this bike so thank you everybody.
Braydon

• Global Moderator
Hi everybody, Just purchased my white FZ-07 a few weeks ago. I fell in love with the bike from the moment I saw it, I have about 700 miles on the bike already. I am a brand new rider, only 19 years old, and took a safety course before I bought the bike. It's been a lot of fun learning on this bike, very light and goes where you want it to go. I just bought a Yoshimura exhaust that comes in on Friday so I can't wait to install it. This forum has been very helpful when it comes to anything about this bike so thank you everybody.
Braydon

Welcome dude
Check out the west regional section for local rides and meetups

On a side note, yoshi w/o baffle is the way to go :P

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Welcome! 1+ on what @sorkyah said.

Where in SoCal are you located? What color bike did you get?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator
Welcome! 1+ on what @sorkyah said.  
Where in SoCal are you located? What color bike did you get?

The key, reading is young padawan.
A fz07 in white did they get.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

invisiblekawiguy

If the safety course you took was MSF, I highly recommend you check out http://www.skillzdays.com/

Totally worth the $75. Instructor's name is Jeff and he's a solid guy. MSF taught you how to ride a motorcycle, Jeff will teach you how to not die, not to mention it will do leaps and bounds for your confidence starting out on street riding which is huge. You're a young rider, spend the time and money to make sure you become an old rider. Don't be a squid and skimp out on gear either, California summers are brutal, but always at least wear a mesh jacket and jeans. Better to sweat than to bleed.

Sorry for the rant, but I've been seeing a lot of fatal accidents around the LA/OC area and all riders have been under 30 years old.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, congrats on the new bike. Hope to ride with you sometime, check out the west coast section for local meetups.

1_zpsa5e7e660.jpg

Thanks for the tip! I went with the stainless w/carbon tip and my bike is white. I'm located in Claremont/ Upland. I will look into that class because I definitely want to be a safe rider out on the street.

Archived