The MT-07 Forum

First turbocharged fz07?

wakecarved

• Premium Member
Is this thread dead? Or are we going to be hearing turbo sounds this spring?
Not me this year.  Maybe next winter. 

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

My suggestion... if you do not know where to get an adequate oil supply for sure (and, that without affecting engine oiling), talk with someone who does... for sure! This is the least one needs to be certain of to even start planning such a project.

Believe me, unless one is prepared to grenade an engine (or multiples there of) learning, this is NOT a project for the neophyte who may be either/or both faint of heart or light of pocketbook.

Screenshot_20170112_005549.png

free image hosting ebay

If anyone is interested in this build, I looked into buying a track kit that c3 powersports had available for it asking near $8000? If I remember right. Crazy sled/bike but there are a lot of things that would need to be changed like they did in this build to enjoy the track.

This company needs to make a kit up , or just offer a build they can do in the engine or something , here in Mississippi we don't have much snow.

• Premium Member
My suggestion... if you do not know where to get an adequate oil supply for sure (and, that without affecting engine oiling), talk with someone who does... for sure! This is the least one needs to be certain of to even start planning such a project. 
Believe me, unless one is prepared to grenade an engine (or multiples there of) learning, this is NOT a project for the neophyte who may be either/or both faint of heart or light of pocketbook.

My main concern was fuel delivery. I could not find out what the stock injectors were rated at. And was told the power commander with auto tune would not cut it.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

blackout, from my experience all else being optimized (no small thing in and of itself), you are justified in being concerned with fueling.

If not correct or very close, what one would find themselves with would be either a poorly running POS or an easily rolled-into-place doorstop.

Without a doubt, I have seen more problems with fueling than any other single factor over the... well, decades. It is much easier with "known" applications, but starting from scratch (and, with what we race that's always been our lot) as with the 07 there is great opportunity for disastrous error.

But, as we've always said when people've told us that we were totally nuts doing what we've spent over a quarter-century doing with turbos, "You're absolutely right. And, if it were easy..." hehehe. Certainly, not for the faint hearted.

Archived