The MT-07 Forum

Video Shows Texas Driver Swerving Into Passing Motorcycle

ornery

• Premium Member

I give two ****s about breaking the law here. I'm saying it was dangerous to pass 2 cars over a double yellow. I also stated that I likely would've done the same. The law might hold the rider accountable; I wouldn't.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

I'm sure some of you have already seen the news, but the old man has been arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

- xCarbonSteelx

People need to get something straight in their minds. If anyone were to differentiate and think about it, the rider was totally guilty as far as breaking a traffic law goes and deserves his just punishment but as far as being guilty of any other crime like say assault/doing something to another person to deserve that attack on their person he is totally innocent. That old man had a choice and could've simply flipped them off if it angered him and let them pass like 99.99% of the rest of the population would've done because they don't think like a vigilante. Giving that old man an ounce of weight to his argument is like fighting for vigilantism. If anyone thinks that biker somehow got what was coming to him, whether deserved or not for breaking a law then don't ever complain if you back out of your driveway - accidentally cut someone off and have them pull you out of your car and beat you within an inch of your life for doing so. Same damn thing, vigilantism. 

Beemer

Sanders was cited at the scene for passing in a no-pass zone and for driving with an invalid license.This guy should never ride a motorcycle ever again in my view not saying that it deserve what happened to him,but passing a double yellow with a passenger and no valid license he was looking for trouble.The old man in the other hand should do some jail time for his action of becoming an officer and a judge.I am no angel when it comes to riding my bike but when I do something stupid is when there is no traffic around and especially no f******g passenger.

• Premium Member
People need to get something straight in their minds. If anyone were to differentiate and think about it, the rider was totally guilty as far as breaking a traffic law goes and deserves his just punishment but as far as being guilty of any other law like say assault/doing something to another person to deserve that attack on their person he is totally innocent. That old man had a choice and could've simply flipped them off if it angered him and let them pass like 99.99% of the rest of the population would've done because they don't think like a vigilante. Giving that old man an ounce of weight to his argument is like fighting for vigilantism. If anyone thinks that biker somehow got what was coming to him, whether deserved or not for breaking a law then don't ever complain if you back out of your driveway - accidentally cut someone off and have them pull you out of your car and beat you within an inch of your life for doing so. Same damn thing, vigilantism. 
Oh, I dunno. There are certain times when I think a little vigilantism is needed. Like beating the shit out of an old man who feels that he is justified in nearly killing someone just to satisfy his own self righteous attitude. Or taking out a few Wall Street execs when they knowingly bankrupt the economy. 

People need to get something straight in their minds. If anyone were to differentiate and think about it, the rider was totally guilty as far as breaking a traffic law goes and deserves his just punishment but as far as being guilty of any other law like say assault/doing something to another person to deserve that attack on their person he is totally innocent. That old man had a choice and could've simply flipped them off if it angered him and let them pass like 99.99% of the rest of the population would've done because they don't think like a vigilante. Giving that old man an ounce of weight to his argument is like fighting for vigilantism. If anyone thinks that biker somehow got what was coming to him, whether deserved or not for breaking a law then don't ever complain if you back out of your driveway - accidentally cut someone off and have them pull you out of your car and beat you within an inch of your life for doing so. Same damn thing, vigilantism. 
Oh, I dunno. There are certain times when I think a little vigilantism is needed. Like beating the shet out of an old man who feels that he is justified in nearly killing someone just to satisfy his own self righteous attitude. Or taking out a few Wall Street execs when they knowingly bankrupt the economy. Assault On Wall Street  anyone ? :) 

• Premium Member

I agree with @yamahappy74
Where's batman when u need him? He won't kill em, but they sure will end up with a few bat shaped throwing stars up their rear ends.

Well, since this got diffused with comic strip cuteness I can't resist. I'd love to be the Penguin, float around naked in a hot tub while females massage me and toss me herring and crackers as my henchmen create turmoil by making all no passing zones passing zones. Now that would be grand!

Beemer

• Premium Member
I agree with @yamahappy74 Where's batman when u need him? He won't kill em, but they sure will end up with a few bat shaped throwing stars up their rear ends.

I'll just leave this here.

• Premium Member

I agree with @yamahappy74 Where's batman when u need him? He won't kill em, but they sure will end up with a few bat shaped throwing stars up their rear ends.
I'll just leave this here.

This made my night!

Loool!!!!! That almost gave me a Bat-signal, that was so funny! I need to go lay down on my hammock and cool down with a cold glass of buttermilk now.

Beemer

Watching the video, what I see is an individual in an automobile deliberately swerving across the marked centerline in order to run over (and possibly kill) two individuals on a motorcycle.
As part of any plea bargain, the old man should NEVER be allowed behind the wheel of a vehicle again.

I would use firearm ownership as a parallel example because both are potentially deadly pieces of equipment when utilized in a specific manner.

If a person pulled a loaded gun and fired at another person (without socially accepted reasonable cause), that person should lose the chance to ever touch a weapon again.

Jail time and/or financial penalties aside, both situations show a person with too little regard for the safety of others.

On a side note, think of the lawsuit the old man will definitely be facing. Anything he has of value will probably be taken from him once the lawyers get thru with him.

i don't know why everybody is making a big deal that he passed in a no passing. there was plenty of space to do it safe and most of us have done it. i would have done it in my truck.

i don't know why everybody is making a big deal that he passed in a no passing. there was plenty of space to do it safe and most of us have done it. i would have done it in my truck.
For sure.  
I don't waste any time getting by. It does tend to p*ss people off.

I've had vehicles crowd the line and dip into the other lane(while I was still behind) trying to discourage me. Mostly on twistier roads and mostly by those ffnn raised pickup trucks.

Maybe its the video but it seems the bike was taking a while getting by.  I would have been long gone before he even knew what was happening.

For sure.  
I don't waste any time getting by. It does tend to p*ss people off.

I've had vehicles crowd the line and dip into the other lane(while I was still behind) trying to discourage me. Mostly on twistier roads and mostly by those ffnn raised pickup trucks.

Maybe its the video but it seems the bike was taking a while getting by.  I would have been long gone before he even knew what was happening.

I'm like you. The first motorcycle instructor I ever met told the class that when you pass you do it fast and get your fanny back in your lane where you're safe.

Beemer

Oh, I dunno. There are certain times when I think a little vigilantism is needed. Like beating the Shet out of an old man who feels that he is justified in nearly killing someone just to satisfy his own self righteous attitude. Or taking out a few Wall Street execs when they knowingly bankrupt the economy.
Had that been my wife on the bike i would have ended up in jail that day for assault with a deadly weapon after beeting the s..t out of him with my helmet. And in front of the judge my response would be "i dont care"

Only the extremely stupid people in this world showcase such blatant, mind-boggling hypocrisy if it doesn't fit their personal narrative.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

The only way to stop the violence against bike people is to band togethor and demand justice! BIKE LIVES MATTER!!

Archived