The MT-07 Forum

First Ride

mjh937

• Global Moderator

I just rode my FZ-07 today for the first time. This is the bike I bought without ever having ridden one. I had a friend pick it up for me last Thursday so it would be in my garage to ride today.

I must say after seventy-five minutes of riding I have never been so sore, or so surprised how wrong ALL the reviews were. My jaw still aches from smiling so much and the bike is at least twice as much fun as the reviewers say. Needless to say, I had a blast. I found all the twistiest roads in the county and did not want to stop. I love it.

My only negative is the mirrors gave me a great view of my elbows. I am going to look into getting longer stems. Otherwise this bike is a blast. I am glad I waited for it.

• Global Moderator

I forgot to mention I found the seat very comfortable (maybe I have a Yamaha shaped butt). And I was never in the wrong gear. Occasionally I could have been in a better gear, but it always pulled well even if I was a gear or two high. I love the gear indicator as well. Not much I don't love really :).

• Premium Member

How tall are you? I'm 5'10" and I find the mirrors very good.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Global Moderator

Finally !! Congrats mjh937.

You're right about the mirrors. I think Japanese test pilots don't have shoulders.  :P

Finally !! Congrats mjh937. 
You're right about the mirrors. I think Japanese test pilots don't have shoulders.  :P

I saw some mirror extenders on eBay... This should help...

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

• Global Moderator

Titan, I am 6'1" and 205 lbs. are you trying to say the mirrors are not too marrow, I am too wide? Thems fightin' words :).

• Premium Member

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
GRATS MJH 
It has taken me about 10-15 tries, think I finally got my mirrors adjusted correctly
This could be a thread all by itself! I get a lot of elbow in my mirrors too. Just exactly what is the optimal view from our mirrors supposed to be? The adjacent lanes or directly behind? 

Illegitimi non carborundum

GRATS MJH 
It has taken me about 10-15 tries, think I finally got my mirrors adjusted correctly
This could be a thread all by itself! I get a lot of elbow in my mirrors too. Just exactly what is the optimal view from our mirrors supposed to be? The adjacent lanes or directly behind? 
The back view from my mirrors offers a bit of both. The inside of the mirror show my elbow-shoulder area. So i cold see almost directrly behind me. And 75% of the view show the adjacent lane. 
A few months ago, i read regularly from European testers that mirrors didn't offer good view. When i got my bike, i was very pleased with the mirrors. I have a good dealer. They just don't charge the cost of the pdi. They did the work. But i have to say that the guy that did it has the same shape as mine. It help a lot. lol.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Premium Member

I'm 5"10 and still can't find a good spot for my mirrors. Have to turn my head or tuck in my elbows to fully see. The seat for me is a little uncomfortable after an hour or two. I can deal with it, its not that bad.

• Global Moderator

I think I have the mirrors adjusted about as good as they are going to get. I see me in about half of them and I do not have to move much to get a pretty good view straight behind. I am surprised what a difference a very small adjustment can make.

• Premium Member
I think I have the mirrors adjusted about as good as they are going to get. I see me in about half of them and I do not have to move much to get a pretty good view straight behind. I am surprised what a difference a very small adjustment can make.
Same here but that minor adjustment seems to get knocked or vibrates out of position and I spend the next day trying to find that small sweet spot again!  >:(

Archived