The MT-07 Forum

New rider in SoCal

tredecim07

• Premium Member

+1 on them skillzdays. I've done it twice, did it a few months after I bought my first bike and again when my GF started riding. Did it with 2 others from the forum!

It's a great way to hone in on the things they don't teach you in basic riding courses, or to brush up if it's been a while.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Thanks moto. I already looked into it and will be attending the weekend after I take the MSF course in Dec. At least, I hope they have it available that weekend.

I agree, Jetgirl. Sharon is just boring. I need someone with a freaky side!

HAHAHA Greg. I agree, it is a lot of fun coming up with these conclusions!

Interestingly my experience with Sharons has been exceedingly not boring. One particular Sharon is a triathlete, mountain biker. motorcyclist proteonics researcher. Very not boring in any way. Oh yeah she also is a stunner...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 1 month later...

Alright, kids. So, I did the MSF course and it was AWESOME! I had a great time doing it! The instructors were great and easy going, very friendly and gave great advise.

If anyone is looking in OC for the course, I went to http://www.ocmt.org/ The class portion was boring, but once on those 125cc bikes, I had a blast riding around the course.

Samantha had been fantastically patient as I rode around surface streets as I didn't have my license. but now that I have it, I'll be riding until the rain comes down.

Thanks to all for your suggestions on taking the class! Now I have to see when the skillzdays are scheduled so I can attend that. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and I will you all a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!

• Premium Member
Thanks to all for your suggestions on taking the class! Now I have to see when the skillzdays are scheduled so I can attend that. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and I will you all a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!
Hiiiiiii. Glad you had fun and got your license - Congrats!  
Just one more thing... Jeff from Skillzdays has moved out of state. I know, I'm sad too.  :(

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Hi Moto. Thanks for the congrats!
I don't know who Jeff is, but I'm guessing he is a pretty cool guy. Too bad I didn't get to meet him. All the best to him.

Archived