The MT-07 Forum

Which exhaust has the best "real-world" power increase?

AlbatrossCafe

AlbatrossCafe

I like the silver Arrow with the 2016 silver color, that's a sweet mix. I wish I could get over how the longer exhaust looks...

Has anyone considered the Scorpion exhaust?
This seems to be one of the least popular... I have barely heard anything about it. I'd like to see a dyno chart on it 

Actually I like the longer exhaust, except it gets in the way of my pannier racks. The Akro Carbon is about the same length but uses a snail config just before the muffler to get the length without changing the looks ( looks isn't a big consideration for me). The GPR models are also a along the side config.
It's interesting how all the MotoGP pipe suppliers systems are the long ones ( even though they are all still 2 into one).

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I considered the Scorpion but the build quality is not in the Akrapovic/Arrow class although the price was tempting. A mate of mine has an MT-09 with a Scorpion and it sounds "fizzy" on the overrun. He also says the snatchiness down low is worse than with the OEM exhaust, so he's going to have to bite the bullet and fit a PC V. What he gained on the swings, he lost on the roundabouts.

My other consideration was ground clearance. Scorpion's instructions for the -07 say to fit the bracket one hole lower than OEM... I can just feel the scraping now!

Gregjet has an interesting point about every manufacturer making 2:1 systems. If there were a good-looking, well made and well performing 2:2 system available I'd definitely consider it coz I'm an old fart and love the classic 60s/70s roadster looks with peashooter mufflers. :)

I would like a 2-2 system , not because it looks retro but because a 90/270 deg crank cannot properly be 2-1. Pulses are perfectly out of phase.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

vroomtoraftel

Does anyone know if there are any exhaust for the FZ that has option to have catalytic converter too? Akrapovic website has a cat but not sure if that is just there for a generic upgrade or something that fits their exhaust specifically.

Yeah, Arrow do a homologated for Europe cat insert, [HASH]11010KZ which only fits with the Arrow system. It just plugs in between the rear link pipe and the muffler...

• Premium Member
I considered the Scorpion but the build quality is not in the Akrapovic/Arrow class although the price was tempting. A mate of mine has an MT-09 with a Scorpion and it sounds "fizzy" on the overrun. He also says the snatchiness down low is worse than with the OEM exhaust, so he's going to have to bite the bullet and fit a PC V. What he gained on the swings, he lost on the roundabouts. 
My other consideration was ground clearance. Scorpion's instructions for the -07 say to fit the bracket one hole lower than OEM... I can just feel the scraping now!

Gregjet has an interesting point about every manufacturer making 2:1 systems. If there were a good-looking, well made and well performing 2:2 system available I'd definitely consider it coz I'm an old fart and love the classic 60s/70s roadster looks with peashooter mufflers. :)
Thanks for that info ! I guess I'll mark that one off the list.  

Archived