The MT-07 Forum

Why post on that Facebook group instead of here?

Cruizin

Why do so many post there instead of here? It's just a one page group.

I had and then closed an FZ-07 group on Facebook last year. And then one of the members started his own Facebook group and its popular. I think that's great for posting pics, but I also see the same tech questions asked there every week.

This is because Facebook is just one long thread, no boards or sub forums. People don't see that their tech question was already discussed a hundred times because it is 100 posts down the thread. So, the same questions always get asked on Facebook.

This is why I closed the group I had. It was taking away from our forum here and the same questions just get asked over and over again.

I think it's because that many people are on their phone using FB all day, while they only check on the forum once awhile. So they get responses on their FB posts a lot faster, and likely getting the notifications while using the FB browsing other stuffs.

Yup, I regularly refer them here and provide links.  I use FB a lot and I guess it's nice to see group feeds on your own "timeline" but FB has lost it's allure.  In fact, I think it detrimental to those who don't think for themselves.  For example, someone posts something that may be partially true.  Others with jump on the band wagon like sheep.  I think it can negatively sway public opinion.  The next election my be decided on FB.  How scary is that?  Guess I went off on a tangent, but when I want facts, I come here! ;)

Why do so many post there instead of here? It's just a one page group. 
I had and then closed an FZ-07 group on Facebook last year. And then one of the members started his own Facebook group and its popular. I think that's great for posting pics, but I also see the same tech questions asked there every week.

• Premium Member

Mobile access on FB is easier and the fact that people use it anyway all the time. Forums are better for research and multiple threads vs. Facebook is a place where I can do a quick shout-out....

Love to ride!

I post to both. If I want serious answers I search here first.

The FB to me is just for pic sharing and answering newb questions.

There is a certain kind of user who just doesn't get into the whole forum thing, but will browse Facebook all day.

bring back Usenet, damn it! alt.motorcycles.yamaha.fz07. Attachments?
Pictures? Don't you know you're supposed to wrap your lines at 72 chars
and properly snip and quote and bottom post? Search? You want search?
Download the archives via FTP. Write your own Posix grep/awk RegEX.

heh heh heh. sorry, curmudgeon on the loose. The Chinese already have
my SF86, thank you OMB, I don't feel like letting them know the color
of my daily stool.

Props to @Cruizin though for the forum.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member

Showing your (our) age there pattonme. ;)
I'm not a fan of Facebook, because (for an old fart like me), it's just too hard to find things that I saw just the day before. It just seems so event driven, that it's all over the place. I love good forums for the reason I hate Facebook. And this IS a good forum. Thanks Cruizin!

Why can't left turners see us?

Archived