The MT-07 Forum

A little dirty...

cable

So this morning, there was a light sprinkle, and subsequently a little muddy/dirty on the roads. Just looked at the bike, and it is covered in dirt. On the top of the front fender, on the radiator side covers, all over the swingarm, the underside of the rail, license plate (Yoshimura Fender eliminator installed) and all over the back of my jacket and helmet.  I know the factory fender may have mitigated some of this dirty flinging, but how well do the aftermarket rearhuggers work in keeping the rooster tailing splashback to a minimum?

• Premium Member

Rear hugger won't avoid splash damage to tail light, back and helmet, it will only avoid the rear shock and some under tail areas from getting dirty, I'm in the same boat as you and been eyeing this piece "Mudguard" for a while, it's a mudguard and would help a lot at mitigating splash damage. There's also that same piece for license plate kit, although way more expensive.

• Global Moderator

That is an interesting idea. I expect it would work, but for that kind of money I would want it to look a lot more "finished". It looks like something someone made it their garage.

Archived