The MT-07 Forum

G'day from sunny Queensland Australia

N/A

Newbie here. Just picked up my MT-07HO (Aussie version of the standard bike as most here are detuned 655cc learner approved bikes). Only done 135kms so far but seems OK apart from a bouncy butt and too much buffeting. So a Nitron shock and Dart Manta screen are on order. Previous owned a couple of TRX850s so I'm used to 270 degree twins - the littler MT is more nimble and lighter than the TRX so once I've got the suspenders sorted I'm expecting to enjoy her. Has anyone here done a cartridge fork upgrade?

Congrats on your patience waiting for the HO! Love mine (and the TRX is for sale) :) I wound the preload to one off max and it is bearable albeit still bouncy :D

Did you put a pin on the members map yet. Where are you?

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator

welcome bruce
good to see more aussies joining us... aside from the ever present @gregjet and a few others that got stuck with the LAMS edition.
as for cartridges we kinda have a house guy
@pattonme is a supporting vendor and an all around suspension guru. He's currently tossing a cartridge setup in my forks.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Thanks for the cartridge fork info Sorkyah. Pattonme, please let me know your delivery address so I can send my forks to you - your website comes up as a "work in progress" and I can't find the company address etc. Thanks,

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the cartridge fork info Sorkyah. Pattonme, please let me know your delivery address so I can send my forks to you - your website comes up as a "work in progress" and I can't find the company address etc. Thanks, 

Here's his advert on the forum
http://fz07.org/board/43/forks-matt

And as gregjet said he's in the states.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I just installed a Matris shock yesterday. And I'll be installing the Matris cartridges by next weekend. You might check them out. If the cartridges are half as good as the shock I'll be extremely happy with them!

Lordy, @gregjet's kit is still not delivered. I thought it was making good time there for a while. For non-north-america the kit is the only economically viable solution. Otherwise get the Matris F15 and take it to your tuner to have it reworked. There's a thread on my findings in the Suspension board.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

The mills of god grind slowly..... I am working onmy pannier racks and rear rack replacement for the pillion seat so not in a hurry. Looking forward to the kit though.
Just watched THE BEST MotoGP race I have EVER seen...ever.....ever....

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Just watched THE BEST MotoGP race I have EVER seen...ever.....ever....
Yep, it was f'n amazing. Bit like the 125 GPs of old... close, lots of passing and much cleaner than Moto3. :) 

OK, thanks, no worries with being in the US, I'd just like to get things sorted so they work. Went for another ride today. The so-called roads around here (Regional SE Queensland) are doing the rather crude suspension of the HO no favours at all. So expect to hear from me soon pattonme. 007

I just installed a Matris shock yesterday. And I'll be installing the Matris cartridges by next weekend. You might check them out. If the cartridges are half as good as the shock I'll be extremely happy with them!
Thanks fzonly1. I'll look it up, all you guys have been really helpful, so thanks again. ::) 007

Archived