Sign in to follow this  
yamahappy74

Time for storage

yamahappy74
So it's starting to get pretty cold. This weekend was nice but it was so windy that an all day ride was out of the question. Looks like I'll be calling the local storage shop this week. Sucks that the riding season is over but at least she'll be well taken care of. I just can't do sub-50 degree riding.
  • Like 1

Beemer
You should try being one of the snow-birds that come down here for the winter .... keep riding lika boss.

hippiebikerchick
What a total bummer! It's still fairly hot here but starting to get nice for riding. Cooling down and I am looking forward to riding all winter long.

jetgirl
I'll be riding for another month before storage. The other day was kind of nice and I got in a 462 mile ride on country roads. Once the sun went down I got cold though. I'm always sad to put the bike away but it also means that soon I get to take out my skis. I love to ski.(I love my bike more)

grahamfz07
Im holding out another month or so before i pull my insurance. I may not ride to work anymore because the mornings are cool and damp, but i will take advantage of any decent dry afternoons for even just a quick ride

noltz
Fortunately where I live I can ride 365 days of the year :)
  • Like 1

Guest Ralph
Not been much over that in the mornings all year here don't ride on snow or ice now
but will ride on dry days all winter.

Guru
My riding season is pretty much done too. There might be a couple of days left here and there, but with all the leaves and such I will probably call it a day until next spring.

Beemer
You and Guru should get snow mobiles to fill in the gaps. Would sorta be like riding a dirt bike but in the snow.
  • Like 1

jake
I'm close too going to hold out for a little while longer.The Buell is stuffed back in the corner though.

yamahappy74
You and Guru should get snow mobiles to fill in the gaps. Would sorta be like riding a dirt bike but in the snow.
Ha! If only. I live in an apartment right now and I have to park my bike behind my car, and it's still exposed to the elements. There is nowhere I could put a trailer with a snowmobile on it, nevermind the economics, lol. Great thought, though. 

Beemer
Ha! If only. I live in an apartment right now and I have to park my bike behind my car, and it's still exposed to the elements. There is nowhere I could put a trailer with a snowmobile on it, nevermind the economics, lol. Great thought, though.
Sorry, I hope I didn't make storing the bike feel even worse than it already is.

bmwpowere36m3
Its getting that time in CT as well... at least for me, probably once November hits. It'll get an oil change, stabil, wash, battery tender and put away.

pineappleunderthesea
Do any of you actually follow the recommendations in the manual that says to pull the spark plugs, add some oil in the holes, and crank the engine (with plugs out) to lubricate the cylinders?

Never did it in the 4 years I owned my Honda Shadow, just put fuel stabilizer and battery tender on that bike.

bmwpowere36m3
No, unless it won't be started for years or stored in humid environment. The only thing I remember fogging was our marine engines.