The MT-07 Forum

Thinking About Selling

wingnutted

Hey All,

Seriously thinking about selling the 07, but haven't really seen any used ones listed in the NW to get a feel for price....

2015 graphite, just turned over 10k miles (bought brand new with 0 miles), full Yoshi carbon, ECU reflashed by 2WheelDynoWorks, frame / axle sliders, LED headlight, LED turn signals, CRG arrow mirrors, tail tidy. Have all the stock parts and would possibly toss in new front / rear tires, Givi passenger seat 60L luggage, rear Pitbull stand.

Oil / filter changed every 2k miles (and at 50 / 600 miles), always with OEM filter and Yamalube.

Hope to get some feedback!

Thanks!

There was a thread just a couple days ago along the same lines for a LA rider. The "consensus" was somewhere in high 5 to low 6 but you'll have to list on your local boards and see how it goes. Per the standard American rider, you put 3 years worth of miles on the bike in the last ~8 months. It's not fair but that's the perception.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Upgrading or downgrading? Because clearly, its not a matter of not riding enough in Seattle since you logged in 10k.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Upgrading or downgrading? Because clearly, its not a matter of not riding enough in Seattle since you logged in 10k.
Looking around at something that's better for touring with the better half, but something I'll still enjoy riding. A little larger bike might not be a bad idea (6'2" gets a little cramped on those long days, at least for me)

Just write a nice letter and a check to Yamaha JP and have them ship you their FJ07 prototype. I mean, what better place to test it than the NW's fabulous weather. You'd give the ABS a solid workout.

Disclaimer: I have no specific knowledge of any FJ07.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I don't envy you. You'll be lucky to get anywhere near what you have in the bike, including accessories because a lot of interested riders aren't going to want those accessories and their banks will not pay what you want so you'll probably be waiting a long time before you do see it. Definitely don't trade in whatever you do unless you're glutton for punishment, like me. Things may go faster and you'll probably get more $$$ if you put the original equipment back on, then sell the bike and part out your aftermarket goodies.

Beemer

I don't envy you. You'll be lucky to get anywhere near what you have in the bike, including accessories because a lot of interested riders aren't going to want those accessories and their banks will not pay what you want so you'll probably be waiting a long time before you do see it. Definitely don't trade in whatever you do unless you're gluten for punishment, like me. Things may go faster and you'll probably get more $$$ if you put the original equipment back on, then sell the bike and part out your aftermarket goodies.
Yeah, I think I'm going to post locally and see if anyone bites on the bike the way it is. If not, I'll pull the Yoshi off, slap the stock back on there and get the ECU reset. It's all super easy to pull off (awesome naked bikes with no body panels to mess with).

AlbatrossCafe
Looking around at something that's better for touring with the better half, but something I'll still enjoy riding. A little larger bike might not be a bad idea (6'2" gets a little cramped on those long days, at least for me)
Ugh.... your bike is so tempting (Beemer you are wrong! lol) You have done pretty much exactly what I want to do with the FZ-07 I will buy, plus you have the best (read, "fastest") color AND you are in the Seattle area. BONUS that you changed the oil at 50 miles as well, like I like to do (I usually do 200 miles as well, but that's another story). Plus I am selling my cruiser which fits what you are looking for if you replace the stock seats with something a little more comfortable. It could almost be the perfect trade....? 
Could you throw up some pics? Give some details on what kind of ECU you flash you did? Maybe check my ad above for a possible swap? I may be interested...

I just skimmed over the goodies initially and when I saw 60 L luggage I didn't figure too many people that wanted a naked would want cruiser luggage on their bike. Seems to make sense to me anyway but I sure did overlook all the other stuff and actually that's a pretty nice effing bike!

Beemer

I just skimmed over the goodies initially and when I saw 60 L luggage I didn't figure too many people that wanted a naked would want cruiser luggage on their bike. Seems to make sense to me anyway but I sure did overlook all the other stuff and actually that's a pretty nice effing bike!
Thanks! The luggage is actually a soft set from Givi that straps onto the pillion seat. Took a 1200 mile roadtrip with a buddy (he rides an FZ-09) and he picked on up too. Neither of us felt like wearing backpacks, and the plastic tank cover on the 07 is less than ideal for tankbags. 

Seriously?! That's a long trip on the FZ-07 considering it's not the most comfortable seat or did you have yours redone like others have? Your bottom wan't killing you was it?

Beemer

It was surprisingly comfortable (especially as I'm 6'2"). We did it over 6 days, CrampBuster helped a ton, but wasn't sore or anything from the riding position. Stock seat.

How to get the most money back: Clean everything and find all original packaging of you have it, then part out to local Craigslist and avoid making "combo deals". Whenever people know something is a convenience for you they will talk down the price.

Good luck!

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Archived