The MT-07 Forum

suspension raiser

kiwion2wheels

kiwion2wheels

Im stumped on buying a link for the suspension that will raise the rear by 1inch, works the same as the lowering links but raises. Are these as simple as they sound? Will i need to retension chain or modify anything else for this to work safley? Any advise would be great!

How do you propose to raise the front to match? There isn't enough fork tube to drop in the triple.

Are you aware of how twitchy the bike is going to handle if you raise the rear alone?

I can make you some fork caps that are 1/2" longer. Basically the same thing that Traxxion does on their GSXR caps.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member
+1 
Why do you want to raise the rear?
quicker steering,better ground clearance-sidestand might have to be lengthened. 

the steering geometry is already seriously into the so aggressive it's unstable range. I would question your desire for increasing it further. The modern FZ range seems to need the rider to crawl over the front to put weight on the front. This is a Yamaha brand characteristic. Lower the bars or change how you sit and you'll probably 'fix' whatever you find objectionable.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I have done exactly this link addition to +25mm. Contrary to all that is holy, it is an improvement. Improves front end feel substantially. My guess is that it is because it lengthens the effective swingarm at load rest and helps load the front. Please note I have NOT been able to put it on a high speed track where the lack of trail may become an issue.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 3 years later...

Archived