The MT-07 Forum

Motorcycle Forks Help!

warnock

Hi, i was in a small motorcycle crash the other day and my tire wasn't aligned straight and was slightly off... so i loosened my bottom an top fork clamp an the top popped out of the clamp and now the bike is lowered.. how can i fit the bike back into the correct clamp to make it how it was?

http://imgur.com/DdEHqVT

Get a triple tree stand if you want to play with the forks. Those two clamps are what's holding your front end up. You'll have to take the weight off the forks to get them back in place.

Get a triple tree stand if you want to play with the forks. Those two clamps are what's holding your front end up. You'll have to take the weight off the forks to get them back in place.
Thank you for the response. at this point i just want to get the forks back into place, the bike is on a rear stand now. Is this something i can do myself or do i need to take to a shop? i have a ride sunday and I'm hoping i can fix it back into place so i can just ride it then i will take to a shop for a realignment. Thanks

Find a way to raise the front up either by the frame or a jack under the oil pan(use wood to protect it). Watch your balance point, you don't want to end up with a bike on its side.

Find a way to raise the front up either by the frame or a jack under the oil pan(use wood to protect it). Watch your balance point, you don't want to end up with a bike on its side.
The side two parallel forks are also very higher then clamps, will they go back down as i pick the bike up i figure? thanks

Yeah, once the front end is raised you can loosen all the fork and stem clamps and get everything back to where they need to be. Taking the front wheel off will make it easier but make sure you can handle putting all that back together.

It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks like your fork clamps are resting on the fork dust seals. Make sure you didn't damage those also.

Yeah, once the front end is raised you can loosen all the fork and stem clamps and get everything back to where they need to be. Taking the front wheel off will make it easier but make sure you can handle putting all that back together.  
It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks like your fork clamps are resting on the fork dust seals. Make sure you didn't damage those also.
Thanks man i appreciate the fast response, i was just freaking out an hoping i didn't screw anything up, i will be attempting to fix it tomorrow morning an will have someone help me. Thank you a lot ++

@warnock did you manage to fix everything?
yes thank you, I jacked it up the middle fork went up then, I had to pull down the other two forks an it's all back in place ???? thank you

Archived