The MT-07 Forum

New Member from Santa Cruz CA

majicbobo

I have been riding the FZ-07 for 8 months now and really liking it.  I took it on a 2,500 mile road trip and it worked great.  Installed a givi carrier for the trip.  I went from Santa Cruz to vegas, then to park city utah, and then to reno.  I did this with no wind screen installed.  I recommend using a wind screen for long distances lol.  Also, some sort of cruise control, my wrist hurt really bad.  I wore a schuberth s2 helmet with the sound system in it for GPS.  The GPS really helped in big cities.  Would have been a nightmare with out it.  I tried not using it one time when I was in vegas and I got lost.  It was 110 degrees and I was stuck in traffic, drenched in sweat and hung over from the night before.  When I finally made it to the highway someone through a box out of the window and it hit me on the head and scratched my helmet.  At least there was nothing in it.  

I had a custom seat made from corbin which I really like.  I recommend going to there shop if you are in the area.  They have a diner and a lot of bikers are there hanging out and waiting for there seat to be made.  I also had stiffer springs and oil put in the front fork.  It no longer dive bombs like it used to.  I ended up swapping out the givi bracket system for a fender eliminator because it is sexier.  Here are some pics.  I just bought some track leathers so I can take it to a Laguna Seca Track day.photo%202_zpsrllsznln.jpgphoto%201_zpsraee8xbd.jpgphoto_zps60lnqnpl.jpg

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome @majicbobo! Nice bike! I wonder if you are the white I saw the morning of Sept 12 at Highways 35 and 9 in Saratoga. I was sweeping for our group heading south and you came up behind us and gave me a thumbs up. Maybe I'll see you around the area!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

So did you have to put the stock tail back on in order to use the Givi system? I see the last picture there's no tail but there is a tail with the system on it.

So did you have to put the stock tail back on in order to use the Givi system? I see the last picture there's no tail but there is a tail with the system on it.
I took off the case mount to install the fender eliminator.  Now I just ride my bike in the mountains on the weekend and around town so I don't really need the givi case mounted on.  I think I am done long distance traveling on this thing lol.  It works but it is tough.

Archived