The MT-07 Forum

Getting my FZ-07 Sunday

xcarbonsteelx

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Question for all of you.

Sunday I will be picking up my FZ. The dealership has already added the extended warranty and a 3 year service/maintenance contract to the sale of it.

Are either of these truly necessary?

- xCarbonSteelx

• Premium Member

Do you plan on modding it? (Silly question) I'm not sure which mods void warranty.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Nothing major...

The dealership already put an exhaust on it, so no need there.

I'm going to do a fender elimination kit and maybe some cosmetic like different turn signals, handle bars, mirrors.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Premium Member

I think it's worth it then. Especially if you plan on keeping the bike a while. I know most dealers will not void warranty as long as they install the modifications.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Check with the dealer to see what happens if your bike is wrecked before you complete using the service plan. Do they refund you some of the money? If they do, it is most likely not in your favor.  What is their service department reputation?  If you have a bad service experience there, you can go somewhere else, but you would be leaving your unused service money there.    

• Global Moderator

If its the peoria dealership... double check all the bolts when you get home
Ive found several stripped after visiting them
The service contract however is quite nice... as is the rpm1 warranty they sell
See if you can negotiate that down
They'll probably work with you

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Sorkyah

It's from the Goodyear dealership. Both the warranty and service plan are being discounted.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator
Sorkyah 
It's from the Goodyear dealership. Both the warranty and service plan are being discounted.
I haven't been to that location yet, but I would still recommend the contract and warranty. Thinking i paid somewhere around 1100 for both... average service is 300 or more... 12k is 480. 26k service is 700(valve adjust/air filter replacement)
Peoria is a mile down the road from my work (apprentice tech at dodge on bell) so that's my only experience with ridenow... except the surprise dealer that i bought it from.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I hate other people touching my shet but for warranty reasons I will take it to them. I take my 2 WRX's to the dealer for service because they blow up engines and I want them to be replace at no cost to me. So in your case its piece of mind for a few years unless you fek it up.

Oh and COngrats!!! you will love this thing unless you don't have a pulse

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Archived