The MT-07 Forum

Angeles Crest Highway (ACH) So Cal Ride - 10/11

motomeek

• Premium Member

Hey So Cal Riders. I won't be able to make it to the 10/18 ride, but plan on going this weekend on 10/11 if anyone would like to join @invisiblekawiguy and I to break in his new ride!

Anyone interested? 

Meet at the Shell Station at 8:15AM, KSU 8:30AM?

Ride up and have breakfast and Newcomb's?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I was planning on riding Sunday AM also. Might drop by to say hi and meet y'all at the Shell station, but may not be in for the group ride. I kinda have reservations about large group rides with people I'm not accustomed to riding with. However, I may stop by NR to join y'all for some breakfast. Thanks!

I was planning on riding Sunday AM also. Might drop by to say hi and meet y'all at the Shell station, but may not be in for the group ride. I kinda have reservations about large group rides with people I'm not accustomed to riding with. However, I may stop by NR to join y'all for some breakfast. Thanks!
Riding up ACH on a Sunday morning, you are already part of a big "group ride". Our little groups are usually well spread out, and everyone rides at their own pace. No reservations required.  
I'll see you guys at the Shell tomorrow. 

invisiblekawiguy

@fz07fanboy - Bring the kid, never too early to start riding two up!
carseat-772x449.jpg

@gigero - you're welcome to join us any way you choose, but we're not too bad to ride with. Typical staggered till we get to the mountain, then single file with the fastest/those who want to go fast in front, and the casual riders in the back. I'll probably be sweeper since I haven't hit my first service and I don't want to go too hard on the bike just yet, and everyone coming has done this route multiple times so we really just meet up at NR at our own pace.

@roadrunner - see you there?

@tanner68 - glad you can join us.

1_zpsa5e7e660.jpg

Riding up ACH on a Sunday morning, you are already part of a big "group ride". Our little groups are usually well spread out, and everyone rides at their own pace. No reservations required.  
I'll see you guys at the Shell tomorrow. 

Got it, sounds good. See you tomorrow.

• Premium Member
@fz07fanboy - Bring the kid, never too early to start riding two up! carseat-772x449.jpg

LMAO that's funny. I'll see you guys next week for the big ride.

It was a good ride today. Good thing we got up the mountain early. Tons of tuner cars and more emergency vehicles than I have ever seen were trekking up as we were descending.

Lots of decomposed granite on the shoulders today, more than I have seen below NR. However, it was confined to the shoulders, but often in a swath almost a yard wide. 

Congrats to invisiblekawiguy on his 2016. 

IMG_6171_zpsvpqjevfi.jpg

It was a good ride today. Good thing we got up the mountain early. Tons of tuner cars and more emergency vehicles than I have ever seen were trekking up as we were descending.  
Lots of decomposed granite on the shoulders today, more than I have seen below NR. However, it was confined to the shoulders, but often in a swath almost a yard wide. 

Congrats to invisiblekawiguy on his 2016. 

IMG_6171_zpsvpqjevfi.jpg
Great meeting you guys today.
I'll photoshop my bike in the picture above to prove I was actually there.

... and yes, way too many people on the mountain today. But can't complain about the weather once we were gained a bit of altitude.

cheers,

• Premium Member

Thought to add these photos I got of both of you when we made a stop. Nice riding with you two! I unfortunately picked up a piece of metal that punctured my rear tire on the ride. Got it plugged now, so hopefully I can ride it until I replace it. I think I can get a few thousand more miles on it. 

[attachment id=989" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=988" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member
Great meeting you guys today. I'll photoshop my bike in the picture above to prove I was actually there.

... and yes, way too many people on the mountain today. But can't complain about the weather once we were gained a bit of altitude.

cheers,

Haha, nice meeting you for a hot second! 

Archived