fzonly1

Unboxing Matris with my QA Inspector

etorty
Wow!!!
Let us know your impressions when you can test your new suspensions!!

fzonly1
Oh I will! They are burnin a hole in those boxes!! I can't wait to get them on the bike.

• Like 1

rowdy
Following this action...
I have my shock on, and love it. Haven't done the fork yet. Looking forward to a breakdown of how the install went and the end result!

fzonly1
Soon as my triple tree stand comes in I'm all over it. @rowdy was the rear shock install difficult at all? Seems fairly simple.
  • Like 1

gigero
Right on!

I'm running Matris front and rear and absolutely love it.

Rear shock install is pretty straightforward. The stumbling point for me was in the fork. The bolt that holds the stock damper rod was a pain to spin off. However patience is key and eventually paid off.

Good luck with the install. Totally worth the investment!!
  • Like 1

twotone
More importantly, what was the result of the QA's inspection :-)
  • Like 1

mike9999
How hard is it to install the fork kit? Interested in getting it

rowdy
Soon as my triple tree stand comes in I'm all over it. @rowdy was the rear shock install difficult at all? Seems fairly simple.
The rear is easy once you get the bike lifted and stable.  I used a rear stand and a front stand, then put jacks under the frame below the foot pegs.  That allowed m to adjust the rear lift with my foot to line up the shock mount holes. 
[attachment id=982" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=983" thumbnail="1]

fzonly1
More importantly, what was the result of the QA's inspection :-)

The inspector was impressed. lol. And boy was he thorough! He even checked all 4 corners of Paige's business card! This guy doesn't miss a thing!!5697CDDE-D8D1-45DD-9DD8-EFC88BFC4E3C_zpsntxpzoy4.jpg

I was also impressed. These parts are HIGH Quality. The fork components are almost too pretty to cover up inside the fork tubes.
  • Like 1

gigero
Depends on your skill set. YouTube, a factory manual, and a little research are your best friends.

fzonly1

Depends on your skill set. YouTube, a factory manual, and a little research are your best friends.

Yup, those are my lifelines for sure. I'm a boilermaker/pipefitter by trade... Learning those trades takes years and years.. And I'm still learning everyday. That's why I love this forum, I get to learn from ppl who have ridden for a LONG time and worked on the same stuff many times over. After seeing the kinda work coming outta my local dealer. I'm more confident in myself, versus them, or a local mechanic.

• Like 1

pattonme
easiest way to get the stubborn bolt out is to compress the snot out of the forks (obviously spring in) and then take an impact driver to it.
  • Like 1

modmaster
fzonly1. Would you mind telling us what fork kit did you buy(model designation) and how much they were? Fork kit and rear shock. I would like to get this setup for my bike. Looks like you got them from PJSparts. I need to upgrade for a better quality of ride for commuting and casual riding.

modmaster

fzonly1

fzonly1. Would you mind telling us what fork kit did you buy(model designation) and how much they were? Fork kit and rear shock. I would like to get this setup for my bike. Looks like you got them from PJSparts. I need to upgrade for a better quality of ride for commuting and casual riding.  
modmaster

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=19&products_id=5492
The forks are $578.00
Matris F15K Fork Cartridge Kit for Yamaha FZ-07
[F15Y125K]

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=19&products_id=5455

Rear shock $573.00
Matris KD Rear Shock for Yamaha FZ-07
[MY120.1KD]

PJ's was great to do business with. Paige understands what real customer service is all about, and that's rare these days.
  • Like 2