The MT-07 Forum

New Member from Southern California

redharris

Hi everyone. New FZ 07 owner here. Only had the bike for 5 days. Lovin' it!!!
I'm an old hand with Bikes and have been riding since my teen years, (I'm 50 now).
I have owned Many different bikes over the years. From 1970's era CB125 to an '89 ZX10 (which was my last ride).
I had to stop riding bikes 10 years back due to an eye problem that was causing me to see Double upon occasion.
The problem was solved with a pair of prescription glasses, but it threw off my balance a bit and I didn't feel safe riding on the street.

Fast forward 10 years. My brain has had time to process the way my Eyeballs work, and I no longer have any vision/balance problems.
I've been riding a Dirt Bike for a couple years, and decided that I needed a Street Bike again. But, what to get????.....I no longer feel the need for a full blown Crotch Rocket. Been there done that. I started thinking about my Biking Roots and remembered one of my all time favorite rides. In my Twenties I had an old Yamaha XS400 Twin. I bought it for 300 bucks and spent a couple hundred more turning it into a Cafe racer.

Loved that thing and Rode it into the ground. Sounds sorta Familiar, doesn't it :) ..... I knew the FZ 07 was special the moment I layed eyes on it for the first time in person. Did some research,,,,and Yeah.....it has a few flaws,,,,but it's perfect for me right now and I am so Stoked to have purchased it!

Mine is a Red 2015. Wanted White, but Red is really growing on me. Saved a few $$$ buying a 2015 that was left over now that the 2016's are in. No mods yet. Still too new. There IS one thing thats Bugging me. The seat is too slippery and I keep banging my knards into the Tank at stop lights. Definitely needs a new seat cover. Of course,,,, that rear tail light/license plate holder has to go....lol. Other than that, I'll need a 1000 miles or so to become familiar enough to evaluate what else needs to be done and in what order.....

Here's a Pic..........

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/redharris/Miscalaneous/DSCN1142.jpg

Welcome redharris! I'm glad you're able to ride again and this is a good bike to get back into it with. I definitely don't have your problem with the seat and tank!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome redharris! That's a good lookin' bike! The red will definitely grow on you, it's the only one with the black frame. We have a very scientific poll about color. Participate here. Thanks for joining!

Illegitimi non carborundum

invisiblekawiguy

Greetings RedHarris,

I just picked up my bike this week as well. Where did you get yours from? I got a fairly solid deal on a 2016 from Del Amo Motorsports in Costa Mesa, which surprised me since they just came out and I didn't think they were dealing. I guess it helps to be there 30 minutes before they open on a Thursday morning.

Anywhoo, there's a group ride through Angeles Crest Highway on the 18th. You can see it in the Socal Section, you should join us!

1_zpsa5e7e660.jpg

• Premium Member

Welcome!! Hopefully I'll see you around!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Welcome aboard! I love the old XS bikes, I remember when the 650's were the big talk. Check out the pic of this one I found online, I think it looks pretty sweet! Have any pics of your cafe'd 400?

[attachment id=980" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forums. Your youth is glad to have you back. :)

Everything went braap.

Thank you all for the Welcome!!!

^^^@ Hippiebikerchick,,,,,I voted Red...:)

^^^@ Invisiblekawiguy,,,,,got mine at Wheels in Motion in Chatsworth. $5918 for the bike. $7200 OTD after all the fees, Taxes and such. Saw the Ride in Social, will try to make it....

^^^@ Beemer,,,, I MIGHT actually have an old Picture in an Album somewhere. If I do, it will be an old Polaroid that I'll have to scan. I will definitely Post it if I can find it....

Red1505083582

Www.triboseat.com Check it out for anti slip products. I have the passenger one, and it works wonders for me when I have someone else.

Archived