The MT-07 Forum

Advice needed. Potential sale

squidsquiddly

squidsquiddly

I've been strongly thinking of getting rid of my 15 FZ-07, but I want a group consensus on this move in about to make

I found a 2013 Triumph Street Triple R with 1800 mi for $7500 final asking price. Private party local through cycle trader.
Has all the little add ons I want. Exhaust a few other things

I bought my FZ new in February for $7700 in CA I called a dealer to see theoretical trade in tonight and they offered $3300 (:0!!)

My FZ is in pretty good condition several mods but the kicker is I've placed 10k miles on it in the last 8 months of ownership.

What do you all realistically think I could get private party for my bike?

I know this triumph is a steal

This is my bike for reference and list of mods

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5257151940.html

I know I can always part out and recoup at least a grand in parts alone so that's always an option.

What's my theoretical private party sale value modded vs stock?

http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles/2015/Yamaha/FZO7FW-C-FZ-07-WHITE-689cc/Values

This is what NADA has it valued at, but nowhere do they factor in mileage depreciation.

Please help

Thank you forum

No need for our approval. If the funds and desire line up go for it. If you want the most out of selling your bike, put it back to stock and sell all your after market parts.

squidsquiddly

No need for our approval. If the funds and desire line up go for it. If you want the most out of selling your bike, put it back to stock and sell all your after market parts.
Right. Not looking for approval. My main concern is if anyone from CA or with authority can speak on what they think I can get for my bike with all the miles

I think you should be able to get 5 large for it without trying too hard. Don't expect to get much more than 25c on the dollar for mods as installed. For big items like exhaust maybe 50c. You'll clear more like @howlinhoss said by selling them separate. The dealer's 3300 was a deliberate "not interested unless you're dumb enough to go for it" quote. And watch him then turn around and list it for 6500.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

squidsquiddly

I think you should be able to get 5 large for it without trying too hard. Don't expect to get much more than 25c on the dollar for mods as installed. For big items like exhaust maybe 50c. You'll clear more like @howlinhoss said by selling them separate. The dealer's 3300 was a deliberate "not interested unless you're dumb enough to go for it" quote. And watch him then turn around and list it for 6500.
Okay great. Thanks for some insight. It's currently up for sale for 7700 but I might just start taking all the parts off now. Easier to sell a stock bike.

squidsquiddly

Would it might be a good idea to hold the FZ till February or March, not ride it and reap the benefit of spring pricing

in cold climates that's definitely a thing. I don't know about LA though. Anybody else want to chime in and clarify?

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I was about to say 5.5k sounds good for 10k miles. At 7k you'll be sitting on that for a long while. Maybe you can get away with 6k pushing all the mods installed.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

squidsquiddly

I was about to say 5.5k sounds good for 10k miles. At 7k you'll be sitting on that for a long while. Maybe you can get away with 6k pushing all the mods installed.
Okay. Yeah sounds about right. Thanks

I guess if it were mine I would probably start high at say $7000 but mention that the price is negotiable.  If you're hoping to get a reasonable price of like around $6300 or so some prospective buyer may say, "Well, that's too high, how about $6000?" and there ya go. Close enough. It probably won't happen that easy or quickly and you may get offered less because of the miles but you never know. Just have a bottom dollar that you'll accept before you put it up for sale to make your decision to sell that much easier. Also, advertise in as many places as you can and don't give up. Don't go crawling back to some jkass dealer.

Beemer

Don't want to be a downer but mine only has 700 miles on it and it looks like it and stands will be going on the market for $7k and I'm thinking that's going to be a stretch to get

Archived