The MT-07 Forum

Naming your bike

hippiebikerchick

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Has anyone given their bike a name? If so, what? I did, but would like to know what others have to say first.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm split between Raven and Viper, guess I'll go with the first name that hits me when i ride it!

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

olderthandirt

After considerable contemplation for a month, I decided to call mine an FZ-07.

Congress is the only whore house in the United States that loses money.

Guest montana07

The whole naming thing has never really been my thing. I'll just refer to her as my bike, or if I find myself in possession of multiple bikes, my FZ-07

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I think mine is called the Nimble Pixie. :-D

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 4 months later...
foxtrotzulu07
The whole naming thing has never really been my thing. I'll just refer to her as my bike, or if I find myself in possession of multiple bikes, my FZ-07
+1 

foxtrotzulu07
[strong]+1[/strong]

• Premium Member

I haven't named the bike yet. I usually name my cars though. I had a beefed up monte carlo that my dad built, and it looked beast! we called it Falcon T190. HAHA.

I thought about doing a youtube giveaway later on, where I ask for a bike name, and the best name gets the prize!

Check out my FZ07 YouTube Channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbkk7kPsXp-lhZ_XD_aFPQ

FZ07 or FZ07F or FZ works for me while thinking to myself or talking to somebody in the loop.
If I'm talking to somebody, it depends on their motorcycle knowledge.
FZ07F is Greek to Joe Blow, so in that case, I'll say, "my street bike".

I like to call my XS650 "Miss Ruby" and the FZ "Poppy"... but only when we're alone! Seriously though, I am quite simple-minded so I keep my name-calling simple too. I use "Old Bike" and "New Bike" regularly.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Because it's always a gamble getting on the bike, I named it Gambit and my little silver nissan frontier is the Silver Surfer, had an old 4x4 chevy previously named Juggernaught

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

I usually go by the license plate, my truck is called Ab! but I haven't got a name for my bike yet...

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

rubberbandman72

I call mine Pomadu. I like to think of it as my poor man's Ducati. Ducati is my dream bike but this one will most definitely do!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

I need to figure out a clever name for my bike. Of course I have had my car since 1987 and have not got around to naming it yet, so I do not hold out much hope.

Archived