The MT-07 Forum

painting kick plate/side bracket?

chickenchickendinner

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Paulie, it is very close and no it isn't custom. I believe it was 6 bucks for a can but I had to drive to pep boys (auto parts store) to avoid the shipping cost

" but I had to drive to pep boys (auto parts store) to avoid the shipping cost" . Don't you just love dedication.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
I agree Paulie, it is very close and no it isn't custom. I believe it was 6 bucks for a can but I had to drive to pep boys (auto parts store) to avoid the shipping cost
Why didn't you ride :P

• Global Moderator
" but I had to drive to pep boys (auto parts store) to avoid the shipping cost" . Don't you just love dedication.
the dedication required to go to pep-boys is immense.... last time i went in there, kid behind the counter tried to walk me through an install on the fuel pump i just bought...(napa/oriley were back-ordered) never can stand going in there. mostly UTI students that know a little and think they know everything 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I got an estimate today from a powder coat shop for $125 to $150 to just completely black out "all the silver colored stuff from the bottom of the seat down on each side"

• Global Moderator
I got an estimate today from a powder coat shop for $125 to $150 to just completely black out "all the silver colored stuff from the bottom of the seat down on each side"
Is that with them doing all prep?
that isnt too bad
are you including the swingarm mounting plates there as well?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Is that with them doing all prep? that isnt too bad
are you including the swingarm mounting plates there as well?
That was for the side plates, rearsets, shift and brake levers and such but I think while I'm at it I'm going to pull off all the swingarm hardware and bring that in too.  Then maybe get carried away and get the handlebars and triple trees at some point.  I'll pull them all off myself and am thinking I might sandblast them myself first too and see if that'll knock a little off the price.

Archived