The MT-07 Forum

painting kick plate/side bracket?

chickenchickendinner

• Global Moderator
You missed a spot :P
LOL are you referring to the reflection? It's glossy, remember?!  ;)
Nope... not the reflection... theres a spot missing paint ....

Specifically shown on this picture
048681a4a6584db55ee47ff1f3928195.jpg

:P

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

LOL! I decided not to do the kick plates but the side brackets. Didn't want to deal with wear and tear... I tried it on my other bike (with plastidip) and it came off within a few days of use. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

I more meant the red bits... but sure :P
kickplates arent worth painting... needs something greatly superior (anodize/powdercoat)

• Premium Member
I more meant the red bits... but sure :P kickplates arent worth painting... needs something greatly superior (anodize/powdercoat)
LOL! I just noticed you also colored in the tank plastics  x_x  
That's what I get for trying to reply before getting kicked off the computer. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

Heh.... motomeek should get @pgeldz's red panels for sale
Become a truly fast fz :P

chickenchickendinner

I used gloss black paint and so far it's still holding up pretty well. I'll be looking to get the same parts powdercoated in gloss black sometime in the very near future....as for now I still can't make up my mind between the Akrapovic and Two Brothers exhaust :( ....I think two brothers is the way to go???

• Global Moderator

Akro over 2bros
ive heard the 2bros exhaust in person and it sounds a little ricey compared to the akro or yoshi

chickenchickendinner
Akra Carbon, but like Paulie, I'm a bit biased LOL.
yeah the Akra carbon looks sick!..but I also like the 2bros lol...hhhmmm.... $90 difference.... 

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Less people have the 2 Brothers S1R, so if being different is what you like, then 2 Bros. I chose the Carbon, because it was the most throaty sound, and I like the extra loop in the piping, because it adds to the look.

SigSide.jpg

+1 on either Akra. I personally have the Ti but either is a great choice. I'd throw in Leo Vince if you want to be different but still have a nice throaty sound.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Another +1 for the Akrapovic Ti. It's what I have on mine and absolutely love it! I also like how it "tucks" away as opposed to other exhaust look like they stick out.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator

I still believe yoshi is where you should go with it

I took mine off and for absolutely no good reason made a set of carbon fibre ones. No idea why as they don't actually do anything useful but I was making the extended carbon hugger and thought "what the hell"
sidecover%20L.jpg

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I was thinking of getting carbon firbre kick plates and frame covers for mine, real carbon fibre ones though not dipped. Also matt and not glossy. I'm still undecided as I may buy new rear sets. Heres the carbon firbre kick plates
acarbon_zpsau6as9nj.jpg

chickenchickendinner
I was thinking of getting carbon firbre kick plates and frame covers for mine, real carbon fibre ones though not dipped. Also matt and not glossy. I'm still undecided as I may buy new rear sets. Heres the carbon firbre kick plates acarbon_zpsau6as9nj.jpg
looks great and super clean!! 

There's also these, a 'cleared' version - 

http://www.motostarz.ca/filter-by-bike/yamaha/fz-07-mt-07/bestem-usa-carbon-fiber-heel-guards-for-2014-2015-yamaha-fz-07-mt-07.html?___SID=U

and I also used the Plasti-Dip spray on the side covers, and it's lasted all last season - minor 'scratches' from shifting, but easily touched up. Black high-heat paint on the rearsets and voila, it's murdered-out black.

IMG_2476_zpseduamwph.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator
I see an exclamation point when I look at the side plates. I thought about highlighting that when I paint mine
i thought about that... ended up painting the center caps red... but just painted the side ckvers matte black
couldnt get the tape right

Archived