The MT-07 Forum

Bucket list rides in SoCal

tawny

Here's the deal. My bff is coming to visit from WA, bringing his camping trailer to park for a few weeks at my house & a couple bikes. Honda CBX and a Ninja 250 or 500, not sure which one got loaded up.
I'm freaking stoked, because there are so many options for amazing rides here! I've only just begun riding them all since moving here.

For sure we want to ride Mulholland to the Rock Store, and a day trip to Puerto Nuevo, mx
I plan for us to ride ach on the 18th.
We are also considering going over to Vegas for a couple days.

If you had unlimited funds and time, what other rides would you do?
Anyone want to join us?

And here's my disclaimer, because it sux. I have 40 grocery stores, and about 10 restaurants (at least the restaurants are in my warehouse already!) to liquidate by the end of October...so it's going to be fun fitting all this riding into that schedule!!

Little Tujunga
Big Tujunga
ACH
Hwy 39
Glendora Mtn. Road
Baldy Canyon

^^^That covers the whole of Angeles National Forest.^^^^

In Los Padres National Forest, its a loop.
Hwy 126, then over to Ojai, then Hwy 33, then Lockwood Valley Rd. to Frazier Park and the 5. And there is also Mil Potrereo Rd and Pine Mtn, as alternate longer loops. 

Others can chime in on San Bernardino NF, the San Jacinto Area, and Clevland NF.

Add in the Santa Monica Mtns, Mulholland Hwy, Latigo, Encinal, Decker Canyons, etc., and you have it all covered.

You have your work cut out for you. After ACH and Mulholland/Rock Store, GMR should be your next target.

Oh, and there is the Rock Inn and Bouquet Canyon too (I would take the Green Valley detour.). And Lake Hughes and San Francisquito Canyons as alternate routes.

Little Tujunga Big Tujunga
ACH
Hwy 39
Glendora Mtn. Road
Baldy Canyon

^^^That covers the whole of Angeles National Forest.^^^^

In Los Padres National Forest, its a loop.
Hwy 126, then over to Ojai, then Hwy 33, then Lockwood Valley Rd. to Frazier Park and the 5. And there is also Mil Potrereo Rd and Pine Mtn, as alternate longer loops. 

Others can chime in on San Bernardino NF, the San Jacinto Area, and Clevland NF.

Add in the Santa Monica Mtns, Mulholland Hwy, Latigo, Encinal, Decker Canyons, etc., and you have it all covered.

You have your work cut out for you. After ACH and Mulholland/Rock Store, GMR should be your next target.

Oh, and there is the Rock Inn and Bouquet Canyon too (I would take the Green Valley detour.).
o.0 I don't need to sleep. Just work at night and ride all day ;)
That is a huge, amazing list! I will be sitting down with a mapping tool to work out some routes. Thank you for the list and suggestions!

• Premium Member

If you guys decide to come up my way to ride Mulholland and HWY 33, I surely would like to know. HWY 33 is awesome. Road it last weekend.

• Premium Member

"If you had unlimited funds and time, what other rides would you do?"

395 Eastern SierrasWinter Death ValleyPCH to OregonSequioa - Yosemite - Hwy 49

• Global Moderator
Here's the deal. My bff is coming to visit from WA, bringing his camping trailer to park for a few weeks at my house & a couple bikes. Honda CBX and a Ninja 250 or 500, not sure which one got loaded up. I'm freaking stoked, because there are so many options for amazing rides here! I've only just begun riding them all since moving here.

For sure we want to ride Mulholland to the Rock Store, and a day trip to Puerto Nuevo, mx
I plan for us to ride ach on the 18th.
We are also considering going over to Vegas for a couple days.

If you had unlimited funds and time, what other rides would you do?
Anyone want to join us?

And here's my disclaimer, because it sux. I have 40 grocery stores, and about 10 restaurants (at least the restaurants are in my warehouse already!) to liquidate by the end of October...so it's going to be fun fitting all this riding into that schedule!!

What do you mean by liquidate?
I envision plasma and molten metal

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Highway 1 from Morro Bay to Carmel.

I have also heard a lot about Hwy 58, which runs from Bakersfield to McKittrick, and then across the coast range to San Luis Obispo.

@Sorkyah -rofl, plasma & molten metal! We Auction, buy and sell equipment and entire stores.
Yesterday I set up a public auction in Buena Park @ a closed small chain grocery store for example. It will be listed online for a few days, then we will bring in the auctioneer next wed and sell it all ;) I am setting up another one for next Thursday in my warehouse too. We also have removal crews that strip the buildings to a shell for the customer. I manage the warehouse, removal crews and auctions. I can get pretty busy with all that. The company is based out of Az, and we are just getting the SoCal operations under control.

@tanner68- those look like great ideas! And different too. I will look them up!
If we are lucky we will get to ride everything lol! He's going to probably stay a few weeks, so once we nail down our routes, I will post them with when we will ride too.

Going to plan to ride across the border for a day ride Oct 25th. (1 night would be ok too if there is interest)
Would love to get a group together.
This will be my first time going across since several times 20 years ago! Fyi- my Spanish is terrible!
I hear you need your Passport, or Drivers License and matching Birth Cert. Also Insurance (Mx ins can be purchased just before you cross) and your Bike Registration to match VIN numbers.
I don't have a route yet, however there are some great ideas sent my way, and if there is a group interested we can plan the final route based on interest.
Let me know if you want to go!

Archived