The MT-07 Forum

Any word if the XSR-700 will be imported into the USA?

bgordon

Has there been any word concerning the XSR-700 and if it will be imported into the USA?

From my memory, it seems like the articles mentioned the XSR being available in first release markets in September.
Is there any word if actual retail sales have begun and, if so, is there any feedback yet from new owners?

This is one of the few times that I feel like we in the USA are at the back of the bus.

• Global Moderator

There has been no announcement yet but the article I was reading about the new R1S said that Yamaha was going to announce a new bike or two early next year. Unfortunately I do not remember were I read it.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

All I am seeing is that it is Europe only. @mjh937 they could be referring to the FJ-07. I'm not to excited about the XSR-700 but I wouldn't mind seeing an ADV oriented '07.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Global Moderator

@snowdriftless, I forgot about the FJ-07. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I think I would be more interested in an XSR-900 based on the FZ-09. I already have a bike with our great 689 cc engine.

• 1 month later...

With the announcement of the XSR-900 showing up in the USA in 2016, it appears that there is no reason to expect Yamaha to bring the XSR-700 to the USA.
The two are similar but personally I like the look of the 900 better.

How many years have they kept the XJR1300 out of the U.S.?

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Global Moderator
How many years have they kept the XJR1300 out of the U.S.?

I just learned about the XJR1300 as I was surfing the European Yamaha site looking for info on the FZ-10. I do not understand why they would not sell it in the States. It seems odd that they would not all all their bikes here. It is a large market and they are already making the bikes. Just make a few more and send some to this continent.

Just realized that the XSR900 is already on the US website. Damn...

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• 2 weeks later...

Me too.
Now that the XSR900 is definitely being brought to the USA, I am a happy camper.
They are close enough that either one will work for me.
Now it makes sense to me why Yamaha released the XSR models the way they did.
Releasing the 900 in the USA and the 700 in most of the rest of the world keeps one from stealing sales from the other.
Hope there are some good looking items to customize the XSR900.
Based on the pictures, I prefer the yellow & black color scheme. Not sure why it would cost $500 extra though.

Looking forward to checking out the 900 when it arrives in the states. HATE that for the US version we get those FUGLY blinkers! Why don't they use the Euro ones for US bikes?!?!

• Global Moderator
Looking forward to checking out the 900 when it arrives in the states. HATE that for the US version we get those FUGLY blinkers! Why don't they use the Euro ones for US bikes?!?!
My guess is that you can blame the DOT. Fortunately that is an easy problem to fix. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

I hope to see one at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show next month. I will let you know if you are right, @tony :)

• 1 month later...

Archived