The MT-07 Forum

Underbar Mirrors?

kewine

Would anyone know how to go about doing some underbar mirrors for the 7? kind of like HD's iron 883? I just like everything to be compacted in my line of sight, and having my bunny ears is good and all, just want to see what it would look like to have some underbar mirrors.

Also, i don't know if this would alter the turning radius at all. ya know, so when you turn you have clearance for the mirrors to pass without hitting the tank.

booboobusfz07

Couple threads about bar end mirrors have them. Most people have them in the up position but some have em down.
I feel like I underbars like the iron would make sightlines worse up or conventional round bar end mirrors would probably provide best sight. I've got a set of folding round ones and the view is great

All mirrors are wunderbar! (sorry, couldn't resist.  (rofl) )

Is it possible to take bar end mirrors and switch them (left > right) so you could hang them upside down? Or will that not work because of threads?

Here's some bar end mirrors that look like the mirror base swivels (not sure how far though): http://www.amazon.com/CTG-Bar-Mirrors-YAMAHA-FZ-07/dp/B00PXCZ2IA

Edit: Here's a pair that says it can be mounted below bars (in the Q&A section): http://www.amazon.com/CNC-Bar-Mirrors-YAMAHA-FZ-07/dp/B00Q3UL6S6

booboobusfz07

Most bar end mirrors will clamp to a standard 7/8the bar. There are many ways of doing mounting your mirrors. But using the clamp on the mirror there are no restrictions on flipping them up or down.

To mount them on the 7/8ths section of the stock bar end use a 7/8x5/8x1/2in spacer on the threads of the bar end. It will give you plenty of space to mount your mirrors and cost under 5$

When it comes to mirrors for the most part the more expensive name brand ones are worth it. Higher quality glass and hinges/joints. I got cyclegears house brand speedmetal. They work fine and are decent quality but I'm still looking to upgrade to a set of crgs for the better glass and hinges

Archived