The MT-07 Forum

Nashville to Asheville

ATF212

I'm planning a ride this weekend 10/9 - 10/11 from Nashville, TN to Asheville, NC.
It will be about 325 miles there, and I haven't mapped out the return trip yet.
So far, the plan is to leave around 6pm and take "back roads" for 4.5hrs until I hit Townsend, TN.  I'll set up camp for the night there.
From Townsend, I'll be taking Little Rock Gorge Rd. to US-441 and then hop onto the Blue Ridge Parkway.
The parkway will dump me off into Ashville early Saturday morning.

I'm not quite sure which route I'll be taking on the way back yet, but I'm thinking of a less eventfull route just so I'm not putting in 8+ hours of seat time on the way back Sunday.  I've also considered leaving Ashville late Saturday afternoon just to break up the trip back a little.

I'm still a new rider, and I'd prefer having a riding partner.  My roommate @240kar won't be able to go with me because of work, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to post this before going so I could meet some members and a riding buddy out of it.
Meeting up along the way isn't out of the question either.

PM me if you're interested!

I'll post whatever picture I take along the way.

Unfortunately, this trip has been delayed a week. The weather wasn't going to be great, but that hasn't stopped me in the past. I will have a friend visiting next weekend, and he thought this would be a great way to break-in his new 2016 Subaru WRX.
The plus-sides to the delay are:
1. I get to enjoy Oktoberfest
2. I'm not getting rained on for 4 hrs while riding unfamiliar roads alone and at night
3. I don't have to carry a pack full of camping gear
4. Anyone is still welcome to join us!

The weather should be great.
As before, I will update this thread with pictures of windy roads and Blue Ridge Parkway scenic overlooks.

Archived