The MT-07 Forum

Oil from weep hole - post if you are having this problem.

mjh937

Guest ChicagoAJ

Picked up my bike today and man I'm pretty pissed. It was there from the 15th until this morning. It looks like it spent nearly every day outside (and we had some pretty hard rain this past weekend) - it's covered in bird s*&@, oil everywhere from the mechanics gloves, and they beat on it hard - which I can't really blame them I'd do the same if I worked at a shop and got to ride every bike they got in.

My dash accumulative MPG was 48.1 or so over the course of the bike, I've never reset it in the 2,300 miles I put on it. It was 40.8 when I turned it on a couple hours ago, and they put 45 miles on the bike which I don't really understand but they said it was to see if it would leak etc etc etc.

Any tips on how to remove the rust from pretty much every bolt on the bike, I know it's only surface rust, but still, I'm not happy it was outside as it's never outside unless I'm riding it.

r6wox3.jpg

sdpb7o.png

Looks like they did an oil change too - the oil looks brand new in the sight glass, but I don't see it on this list. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

45 miles?! Really?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Guest ChicagoAJ
45 miles?! Really?
Yup. They wanted to make sure it wasn't leaking again, apparently. I don't believe it and neither does my avg. mpg readout. They didn't replace the water pump itself, so the problem will likely return pretty quickly. There's so much oil all over the bike right now I wouldn't be able to tell if it was leaking from anywhere. 

• Premium Member

I call BS is what I really meant to say. Someone took your bike out for a joyride.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Guest ChicagoAJ
I call BS is what I really meant to say. Someone took your bike out for a joyride.
No question. Probably more than one person. Got compliments on it by almost everyone that worked there saying how it's such a nice bike. 

• Global Moderator

No question. Probably more than one person. Got compliments on it by almost everyone that worked there saying how it's such a nice bike. 

that sucks dude...
nothing worse than the violated feeling of someone touching your stuff

I would take it back to the dealership if you haven't already talk to the management and see what they can do about comping a detail or something

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Guest ChicagoAJ

that sucks dude... nothing worse than the violated feeling of someone touching your stuff

I would take it back to the dealership if you haven't already talk to the management and see what they can do about comping a detail or something
I'm not going to press my luck - they warrantied the work with everything I have done and told me to bring it asap if it starts happening again. I've bought a couple bikes from them in the past, I just don't think they were planning on the storms we got. Not going to throw a fit over a dirty bike and some hard miles (when I ride it very hard myself), I'll just complain about it, haha. 

• 2 months later...
Guest ChicagoAJ

Well after about 1700 miles after they fixed this issue, I'm now seeing a dried coolant streak/trail from the weep hole area and under the water pump cover. This bike is just asking to be sold/traded in next season.

I did noticed the o2 sensor harness getting greasy from time to time (only 3000km on the bike, been doing this since day 1).

All you guys tried to repair it and the problem is still there, I decided to forget about it. I just clean the area each time I wash my bike! It's not like it's dripping everywhere I can live with that.

Archived