The MT-07 Forum

Oil from weep hole - post if you are having this problem.

mjh937

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just picked mine up from the dealer, no cost and replaced under warranty. The total that it would have come out to was $126.60 with parts and labor for those of you out of your warranty period. 
The part [HASH]s that were replaced were:

1WS-12439-00-00
93210-235A1-00

Thanks for posting,I guess that doesn't sound to bad for out of pocket expenses.If memory serves me right the extended warranty offered when I purchased the bike was around 300.00 or 400.00 range for an extra 3 years,and I could have purchased it before the end of the 1 year factory expired but never got around to do it.

bmwpowere36m3

I wonder if this is the same problem as on the DRZ-400... for those with coolant leaks (not oil). On the DRZ-400 coolant would get around the ceramic disc on the impeller and wick down the shaft and into the space between the oil and coolant seals (eventually weeping out the hole). Sometimes replacing parts would only be a temporary solution. A proven solution on TT forum, which I've done on the DRZ, is to apply some RTV on the backside of the ceramic disc.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/194044-detailed-instructions-for-the-water-pump-fix/

bmwpowere36m3
Just picked mine up from the dealer, no cost and replaced under warranty. The total that it would have come out to was $126.60 with parts and labor for those of you out of your warranty period. 
The part [HASH]s that were replaced were:

1WS-12439-00-00
93210-235A1-00
Interesting... nothing more than the WP housing o-ring and o-rings for the coolant tubes (alum).  Your lucky if that's all it was... most cases its seals deeper in the engine and require pulling the side cover off. 

Those part numbers are the gasket and o-ring for the water pump cover...for those that want to know. I hit a curb and replaced that cover a few months ago. Short of a coolant flush, they are easy parts to swap. That wouldn't account for any oil leaking, but if there is any coolant dripping (stock is dark blue), those would be the parts you'd want if you don't feel like dropping it off at a dealer.

I found out that the dealer had overfilled the crankcase..
About 300 ml more oil..
Although i had pointed out that without changing the filter it takes up to 2300ml..
So even though i drained the oil, still a small amount of oil is coming out of the hole..
No i am waiting for some gaskets to be replaced under warranty..

Doubt very much it as anything to do with a small over fill like that
problems only really start with overfilling when the crank starts
hitting the oil surface and then you would have to be a total moron
not to notice something wrong.

Doubt very much it as anything to do with a small over fill like that
Don't know what that assembly looks like, but probably more likely a bad run of seals or someone installing them poorly.  
Excess oil would more likely just find it's way into the crankcase breather  -  these days, that frequently dumps oil into air boxes

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully the warranty covers this for me too.

Went for a quick ride today and noticed that it was leaking for me as well.

Except for me it looked like dried up coolant that leaked out, will bring it in Friday to drop it off for inspection.

Well looks like mine is leaking too, at 1200 miles. However, mine looks like the leak stems from about the 3 o'clock position or so behind the coolant lines. The closest dealer within 30 minutes I don't trust for service, so I may just hold off and see if it builds up any more than do the repair myself.

188B7188-E9B5-4376-90E4-C760FDB5FF27_zpsfvnehont.jpg
F5621376-1BB0-4755-BB11-30E3A71420E3_zpspfbcoskx.jpg

Mine had oil spots like the pictures uploaded..
They all came from the WH..
Take a paper and fold it like a spear..
Place it in the WH and it will probably come out full of oil..

WH  = what?

Mine had oil spots like the pictures uploaded.. They all came from the WH..

Mine is one of the ones leaking .. I'll see if I can find that and check mine.  I'm sure it's the same thing.

Weep hole

Dropped it off yesterday.

Probably will have to leave it at the dealer for the week since it sounded like they don't stock the parts.

Will keep this area updated.

Probably will have to leave it at the dealer for the week since it sounded like they don't stock the parts.

how many miles you have on the bike? is it covered under warranty?

how many miles you have on the bike? is it covered under warranty?
When I dropped it off I had 3292 miles on the bike, and yes it was covered under the warranty as I had the bike for less than a year so far.

Mine had oil spots like the pictures uploaded.. They all came from the WH..
If this is the weep hole, it is dry along with that side of the water pump housing. Mine is all on the front side. 
7661FCC6-8C9B-4ED3-A401-AF989C45DEE2_zpswvdypavm.jpg
F7E038B0-A0FD-4A44-9880-739B9A331F61_zpsc1i6bgrx.jpg

• Global Moderator

Dropped mine off for repair 2 weeks ago....
Still waiting for the correct parts to arrive.
the dealer has ordered the wrong gaskets twice now.
Hopefully the bike should be ready for pickup tomorrow

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Dropped mine off for repair 2 weeks ago.... Still waiting for the correct parts to arrive.
I would be pissed if that had happened to me... 
At least it is a bit cooler in most places making it not as easy to go out and ride.

@teamxdr:
I can't see the first image of your post in the 3rd page...

Edit: thank you, now I can see the two pics! :)

www.MT-Series.it
Yamaha Official MT-Series Club

Mine had oil spots like the pictures uploaded..
They all came from the WH..
If this is the weep hole, it is dry along with that side of the water pump housing. Mine is all on the front side. 

Yep, that's where it would be leaking if an internal seal was going bad - from that hole in back and not from the front. I'd be tempted to just put a wench (edit - or a wrench, depending on your mood) on the bolts for the pump cover and see if any are loose.  
If yer gonna take it for the dealer to have a look, leave the stains. 

• Global Moderator
Dropped mine off for repair 2 weeks ago.... Still waiting for the correct parts to arrive.
I would be pissed if that had happened to me... 
At least it is a bit cooler in most places making it not as easy to go out and ride.

Unfortunately I'm not in one of those places

Perfect riding weather. And they still cant get me an ETA. Just called again and was told they have the bike slated for work tomorrow.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived