The MT-07 Forum

2015 asphalt vs 2016 model Raven?

paalsugoon

virginiadave
Actually Yamahappy....I was pretty disappointed on my ride home...but...she starting to get show some character as I put some miles on. I can see the mods bringing out her true self.  But the riding position has got me very confused as well 
I'm sure it will all work out.  

Overall.. yeah, the best value bike on the road IMO, and I couldn't be happier about the purchase. I can't wait to start my day.
To be honest, I was pretty disappointed when I rode mine home last month too. Coming from a GSX-R750 it felt so upright and slow. Plus it's soooo quiet with the factory exhaust. It was like riding a sewing machine. After a month, I'm starting to come around. I pretty much had to learn how to ride all over again, lol. Putting the Akrapovic exhaust on made a HUGE difference in how I feel about this bike. I'm starting to find where the good power is and how to lean this sucker. Plus the wheelies! I've never been a wheelie person, but I'm starting to get the hang of some little ones. I rode my gixxer to work for the first time in weeks, and aside from the huge difference in power and the fairings and windscreen(30 miles at 80 mph + 45 degrees = BRRR on the FZ), I found myself wishing I was on the FZ. Anyway, congrats on your new bike! 

• Premium Member

Get an exhaust and you will feel like a 5yr old again.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

I guess I should say that while I was on a high from the new purchase on the way home, it did wear off after a couple of weeks and I started to wonder if I'd made a mistake. And then about a month later, just when I was trying to decide if I should sell it, I started to really enjoy it. The low end torque is insane so I get to mess with little wheelies easily, it gets to 60 in 3 seconds-ish so it's not slow to the speeds I can legally drive it, and it's still pretty quick even up to 100 or so. For longer rides, the seat is my only real complaint, and that's easily fixable. Aftermarket parts are now starting to become more commonly available, so I can start making it my own.

I guess I'm trying to say I understand where you're coming from, but believe me, you will love this bike.

It's exactly the same, except for the color. I love the 2016 blurple/silver combo. I have a red FZ. Get what you like the most. That 1 year old vs new is pretty much irrelevant.
Yep! Think about it. The minute you ride either off the lot they probably depreciate that much in value anyway so you're getting the shaft by the banks no matter what you do. They have been shafting professionals since there have been kings in England so there's no escaping it. 
I'm happiest that what I thought your title said actually meant something else. My mind initially read "Asphalt (road) vs Raven" and I thought, oh no!

Beemer

Archived