Sign in to follow this  
invisiblekawiguy

New (sorta) Socal FZ-07 owner here

invisiblekawiguy
Greeting forum members.

I've been lurking these forums for a while and and tagged along with a buddy (motomeek) on my z1000 and met a few forum members a couple months ago. I finally made up my mind and bought a 2016 FZ-07 over the weekend and decided it's time for the intro thread. Excited about the bike and I hope to ride with you guys again soon.

IMG_2410_zpste6tmqfj.jpg
IMG_2411_zpstuh92reg.jpg

Taking her for her first real ride this weekend. Frame/spool sliders, rear fender eliminator, and windscreen are on the way so more pictures to come

jerryv
Great color combo .. looks good. Every time I see one, I wonder what was Yamaha thinking with those stock tail anchors. Other manufacturers have them too. Anyway, welcome to the forum.

gremlin
Man, I bet those colors look sexy in person. Welcome mate :)

yamahappy74
Stock fender is a US regulation. Has nothing to do with Yamaha.

Every time I see that color scheme, I feel like it screams for a set of clip-ons. I have exact same bike in grey, but the silver just looks like it's meant for racing.

Beemer
I wonder, how much to have the rims professionally powder coated. (ball park) Anyone? My bike is white/blue but with blk. rims and blue rims would be the icing on the cake.

Nice bike, btw! Congrats!

n2shotokai
INVISIBLE KAWI DUDE!!!
Welcome, check out the SoCal rides thread. We have one coming up in a couple of weeks. Hope to see you again!

fz07fanboy
AWESOME!! it was great riding with you when we set up the first ride meet a few months ago. Hope to do it again with you on your new bike. I ready to do it again. I thought a few weeks ago was a good ride too. Hope more people show up.

roadrunner
Dude!!! YES!!!! welcome to the club! I was the guy in front of you most of the ride a few months ago. can't wait to ride again!

sorkyah
Welcome to the club @invisiblekawiguy
gratz on the fz purchase... glad to see you're not so much a kawi guy anymore :P

I wonder, how much to have the rims professionally powder coated. (ball park) Anyone? My bike is white/blue but with blk. rims and blue rims would be the icing on the cake. 
Nice bike, btw! Congrats!
I just got a 100/whl quote on this for red on mine....
not sure how easy the blurple color would be to match

Beemer
sorkyah
Not too shabby! Thanks, man! I appreciate that.

invisiblekawiguy
Appreciate the kind welcomes everyone.

I think the race inspired look comes from the fact that this color scheme is very similar to the R1/R1M, which is basically what made me fall in love with it even more. I was on the fence between the FZ-09 and the FZ-07 and was slightly leaning towards the 09 because the 2015 offered this color scheme, but when the FZ-07 came out with it for 2016, I jumped right on board the bandwagon.

It really depends on where you live for powdercoating. Here in Southern California, I know of a few places that do it for $50 a wheel any color. Keep in mind that you have the get the tires dismounted and remounted, so $200-$300 sounds about right. If it's something you're really interested in doing, wait till you need new tires and kill 2 birds with one stone.

motomeek
Yooo! Haha, love the decals that go on the tank. Looks good @invisiblekawiguy! BTW, you can tag people in posts by using the "@" in front of their name. Can't wait to ride!

motomeek
AWESOME!! it was great riding with you when we set up the first ride meet a few months ago. Hope to do it again with you on your new bike. I ready to do it again. I thought a few weeks ago was a good ride too. Hope more people show up.
If you're talking about the ride on the 18th. I can't make it.  :-[ 
FYI - Sold the CBR. Guess we'll just have to FZ it. 

sorkyah
Whaaat? No meek?
This wont be a proper ride then :P

fz07fanboy
Well that sucks. I was looking forward to it.