The MT-07 Forum

Hi From Sydney

Dav

Wow, that was a long wait with a lot of misinformation from Yam Aus about whether the full power MT07 would ever arrive...but am very glad it finally did :)

Here's an early pic running in thru the National Park...heading back there Thursday ;)

nasho1.jpg

Same colour as mine. I got caught with the Yama-lies that the proper MT wasn't coming to Aus and bought the Lams one. It isn't quite so LAMS any more. Nearly sold it , but found the hidden restriction removed it, and now very happy with it.
Some good stuff on this forum about the soggy suspension fix. Also about the wrong fork bushes fitted.
Have fun. This could be one of the great Yammies.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I've read all your good info, thanks for sharing...esp the airbox restriction!
FWIW early on I asked YamOz if the MT07 was coming to Aus after reading the great reviews in UK's "BIKE". They said no. Asked a couple of months later and they said no...but the the LAMS was actually in the dealerships! (and I had a demo ride).
I asked if they would do the full power version and was told "never in parallel with the LAMS". I'm glad the LAMS bike has done so well but sheesh...I know that in the month before the "HO" turned up one dealer in Sydney sold 3 LAMS bikes to fully licensed riders and they were a bit spewing.
The LAMS bike is great as a LAMS and even better fully de-restricted and flashed but still...at least the bike in whatever form makes up for Yamfail :D

• Global Moderator

Same colour as mine. I got caught with the Yama-lies that the proper MT wasn't coming to Aus and bought the Lams one. It isn't quite so LAMS any more. Nearly sold it , but found the hidden restriction removed it, and now very happy with it. Some good stuff on this forum about the soggy suspension fix. Also about the wrong fork bushes fitted.
Have fun. This could be one of the great Yammies.

Thats the matte grey i believe @gregjet
they show up white in pics for some reason

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

That's wierd. But then I tried posting pictures of a gold mine yesterday on facebook and they post upside down and on their side?????

• Global Moderator

Thats what you get for living your life upside down :P

Welcome to this very resourceful forum Dav, looks like you had enjoyed a blast in the RNP this double demerit point long weekend; heavy police presence and loads of slow weekend cagers I bet.

HO colour scheme looks the business, it really stands out from a sea of grey and white LAMS.

We don't even get salties down this far south ( Bundaberg). Sydney is way too bloody cold. I moved down from Townsville and still can't get rid of the apprehension when I go fishing in the mangroves here.
On the same note , since we moved down here, Sally and I go down to the beach and run into the water and jump up and down every October. Then get back out and yell " It's October and no stingers!!!!!" That's Chironex Fleckeri and Irikanji to the uninitiated. NOW I live in Paradise.

• Global Moderator
We don't even get salties down this far south ( Bundaberg). Sydney is way too bloody cold. I moved down from Townsville and still can't get rid of the apprehension when I go fishing in the mangroves here. On the same note , since we moved down here, Sally and I go down to the beach and run into the water and jump up and down every October. Then get back out and yell " It's October and no stingers!!!!!" That's Chironex Fleckeri and Irikanji to the uninitiated. NOW I live in Paradise.
send me some rum... have a kiwi friend brought some of the Bundaberg dark out on his last visit... they don't sell it in the states (we only get the dregs of their root-beer/ginger beer lines)
i've never had anything of its like before... or since...
Kraken comes close but isnt as syrupy

Archived