The MT-07 Forum

Guess its time for new tires and rims

sidrael

So leaving work right before I was exiting the parking lot took my hand off the throttle adjust a touch and put it back on. Well apparently I grabbed to much throttle front end went up I released throttle grabbed clutch.. but by that time was going to fast. The VERY awkward exit onto the road I was either going to slam brakes and hope to stop or attempt to turn and slide. Instead I maned up buckled down released the break stood a touch and went over the curb and rode it into the grass...

Sad thing its a BIG HARSH curb.. This is the aftermath.. gonna love my insurance here shortly but luckily deductible will mean i dont have to pay for all of it. I feel like shit (mentally). I messed up and could of handled that and been more prepared. Mind was elsewhere and ready for the weekend.I feel like such a douchbag.

qErMmBn.jpg
XKyzeyX.jpg

Definitely could have been far worse. Chalk that one up as a learning experience. Almost put mine into the rear end of a WRX in the same mindset.

• Premium Member

It sounds like you did well for the situation. It can happen to the best of us.
What you pay out of pocket will be worth the cost of experience in the long run.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

When I read this situation, i thought about how some people would say that the FZ is a great bike to start and learn on. The reality is i believe most of the time a smaller bike would be better for beginners. I'm only referring to the situation and not you as a rider. The FZ can be an untamed colt if you don't watch out. The power and torque that this bike has can put you or anyone in a situation real quick if you don't stay focused. Glad you're ok.

Sorry about your accident but the good news is you're learning like a pro! Now get back on that horse and ride!

Beemer

Instead of griping the twist grip put your hand on top with your thumb
under neath and your fingers over the brake leaver, you can then open
the throttle by just squeezing a little with your thumb and get more
if needed by moving your hand slightly back, this gives me at least
very fine adjustment for manoeuvring and round town, it works for me.

Archived