The MT-07 Forum

My little modded bike ( handguard extra led light)

claustro

Some photos of mine.

- "Windshield" Urbano Bruni
- Radiator cover Urbano Bruni 
- Lever titanium long version
-  Fiamm 2 tones Horn 
- Flood led extra light  
- Zeta armor Handguard
- Zeta XC Flasher BLACK Hand Shields
- Garage door opener connected to high beam
- Horn button mod

Some infos
1) The extra led light  are very powerfull so  They can be used only as high beam , no day time light. maybe I am gonna remove them
2) The handguard fitting is easy you only have to make a thread m8 in the original bar end weight , I painted the hand shield of matte black

Bye all

20150930_103807.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m16ondpeuag]

I like those handguards! Been shopping around for a set myself, and still haven't been able to decide which to go with. Do you feel the shields make any noticeable difference when you're riding at speed?

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

Hi , I installed the handguards for many reasons:
1) I can use spring gloves much longer, I use the bike every day with every weather and every little protection is much appreciated. So for answer zombiphone yes, if you asking me if handguard protect from cold wind I can confirm you that they works.
2) I like it very much it give the bike a street fighter look i like so much
3) main reason ; protection of hands, I drive in Florence Italy , a very crowded traffic city, I had handguard in all my bikes and I can't count how many times they saved my fingers:-)

Hi , I installed handguard for many reasons: 1) I can use spring gloves much longer, I use the bike every day with every weater and every littel protection is much apprecaited. So for answer zombiphone yes, if you asking me if handguard protect from cold wind I can confirm you that they works.

Thanks- Great to know! I'm looking at going on a long motorcycle trip this coming winter, and this is exactly why I was looking to get some. And yeah, double points because they also look super cool :P 

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

I wish I had had those hand guards the other day on the highway when a rock fell out of a dump truck, bounced into one of my fingers and then my chest. THAT HURT LIKA MUTHA! If you ride in the fall and winter those will help to keep your hands warm as well.

AussieMT07 Yeah, they were probably originally intended for trail bikes to stop limbs, etc. from cracking your fingers but now they're common on street adventure bikes.

Beemer

claustro I like the radiator cover and was checking out the Urbano Bruni website,41.99 euros that's a bargain I wish that would deliver to the USA.My parents vacation in Sicily for few months every year and they're coming back in November,I might ask them to bring it back.

Hi stefano glad you like it , keep in mind that the original Urbano Bruni is with a chrome finish mesh , if you see my photos I changed it with a black mesh.
Plan about 5/10 extra dollars if you want to do the same.

• Premium Member

Keeping a constant pace in 40s will murder your hands even with winter gloves. Those are some nice mods.

Fair enough. It's hard for me to relate to the riding in the cold I guess. I live in the tropics so I have the opposite problem, I want as much air flow as possible to stay cool.

fooschnickens

Those are some really nice mods. I like the auxiliary lights, the install looks very clean.

I may have to invest in some handguards, after riding the FJ-09 with them I'm totally sold, especially with cooler weather upon us.

fooschnickens
@riverfox Payed 81 dollars with cable ( good quality ) shipped in three days with dhl to Italy 
I assume those were $81 each? That's not bad, nearly half what other companies are charging for a similar product, and these have a higher output. 

I think it's appropriate that a street fighter wears gloves. (hand guards) Makes it look tuff, like it's ready for a fight. +10

Beemer

fooschnickens
I think it's appropriate that a street fighter wears gloves. (hand guards) Makes it look tuff, like it's ready for a fight. +10
I'd wear gloves anyway, I'd get handguards just so I could ride later in the year and not deal with gloves that are better suited for an Everest expedition. 

@riverfox Payed 81 dollars with cable ( good quality ) shipped in three days with dhl to Italy 
I assume those were $81 each? That's not bad, nearly half what other companies are charging for a similar product, and these have a higher output.

81 both :-)

fooschnickens
81 both :-)
Then that's a really good price! I may copy your idea since deer are known to lurk off the side of the roads around here... 

claustro thanks for the reply.....

Awesome mods, giving me some good ideas to make mine an all out touring bike next year, especially the flood light. No fun riding in complete darkness with just the stock lights.

Archived